|National University of Singapore (NUS)
|CE4221: Design of Land Transport Infrastructures
CE4221: Design of Land Transport Infrastructures Assignment, NUS, Singapore A transit agency is planning to build a heavy rail transit line and wants to evaluate the capacity of cab signalling system and moving block
A transit agency is planning to build a heavy rail transit line and wants to evaluate the capacity of cab signalling system and moving block signalling system with fixed safety distance. The plan is to use trains consisting of a maximum of eight 75-ft cars. Trains will operate at a maximum of 60 mi/h (88 ft/s) and will be traveling at 32 mi/h (47 ft/ s) when entering stations if the cab signalling system is chosen, and at 34 mi/h (50 ft/s) if a movingblock system is selected. Safety distance for moving block signal is 165 ft, breaking speed
factor is 0.75 (75%), acceleration/deceleration is 4.3 ft/s2, time lost in breaking jerk limitation is 0.5 seconds, and brake system reaction time is 1.5 seconds. The minimum train separation is 49.1 seconds for the cab signalling system.
a) What is the minimum train separation possible with a moving block signalling system with fixed safety distance?
b) Make appropriate assumptions for dwell time and operating margin, and compute vehicle capacity (trains/hour) for both signalling systems. Assume that the minimum headway is governed by non-interference headway.
c) The agency would now like to know if it can economize on construction by building a flat junction at a point where two of its lines will diverge. The agency plans to build its tracks 16 ft (5 m) apart and use #10 turnouts (switches) with a throw-and-lock time of 6 seconds at mainline junctions. Compute the limiting junction headway and evaluate new vehicle capacity (train/hour) for each signalling system.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Transit authority currently runs a bus service on one-way two-lane (i.e., Type 2 lane) in the non-CBD area of a metropolitan city, with a peak frequency of 10 buses/hour in mixed traffic. Buses stop at every stop, with an average block length (i.e., the distance between stops) of 660 ft.
The current boarding scenario reflects double-channel non-level boarding using smartcard, in which 45% of passengers use channel 1, and the remaining 55% use channel 2 of the front door. All alighting passengers use the single-channel rear doors with smartcard checkout. The bus facility has two types of stops, whose specifications are provided below:
1. Estimate the average bus speed along the facility.
2. What will be the new average bus speed if the boarding involves no fare payment and passengers pay during smartcard checkout while alighting through the single-channel rear door?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Need affordable assignment help for your CE4221: Design of Land Transport Infrastructures assessment? MY Assignment Help SG is here to assist you! Our cheap assignment helpers are well-versed in civil engineering concepts and can deliver a top-notch assignment that meets your academic standards. Whether it's analyzing traffic flow patterns, discussing highway geometric design, or exploring sustainable transportation practices, our experts will provide well-researched and structured content. You also hire our experts for cheap dissertation writing services.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices