|University||Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)|
CIS2018-N: Server Administration Course Work, MDIS, Singapore. You are required to design and build an internet-connected secure server network for Smith Logistics
You are required to design and build an internet-connected secure server network for Smith Logistics, which is a medium-sized warehouse and logistics company.
A recent minor outage has alerted senior management to the importance of the company’s IT system to day-to-day operations and has given more weight to your company’s recommendation for upgrading.
Currently, the existing network infrastructure has been shoe-horned onto an ageing server which is running Windows 2003 Small Business Server with clients as old as Windows XP and some as new as Windows 10.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
The company acknowledges that, given recent network and computer system
breaches such as Wanna Cry, that they need to update their IT infrastructure and are looking to create a more secure IT infrastructure with room for expansion.
Due to the current company data governance framework, the company has no plan to move to a cloud solution yet, apart from the email service, such as Office 365. Therefore, the current plan is to upgrade their existing network to a fault tolerant server network, which can spread existing workloads across multiple servers. You will also need to build Windows 10 clients which you can
join to the domain to use to help document that all the services are working correctly.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
The required workloads across the servers are:
Active Directory Domain Services
Internal File Sharing Services
Web Server – Apache, PHP and MySQL
The company has limited budget for this upgrade. Therefore, you have to consider how many servers and which operating systems are required, in order to achieve such requirement.
Smith Logistics has emphasised that they want to take this opportunity to strengthen their network security and are looking for you to explain what security considerations and/or improvements you
can make as you outline the solution.
Smith Logistics store a lot of information and data, and they want to ensure that their servers, in particular, their file server has the appropriate disk redundancy in place so that they can tolerate
disk failures without having to depend upon a backup solution.
They also acknowledge that given they are rebuilding their entire server infrastructure they will also need to revisit backup options and
have therefore asked you for advice both on disk redundancy and backup solutions.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
"Struggling with individual assignments, TMAs, and dissertation in Server Administration? Our dedicated online assignment help is your solution! Experience excellence at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) with our specialized Dissertation Writing Services. Let us handle the workload while you focus on success. Connect today for top-notch assistance tailored to your needs!"
- GER688 Applied Research in Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A programme developer plans to come up with a service to provide counselling and guidance to older adults
- Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Care Shield Life is a long-term care insurance scheme that provides basic financial support should Singaporeans become severely disabled
- Mechanical Engineering System Assignment, SIT, Singapore: You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes
- Business Information Systems Assignment, SIMGE, Singapore: Computation of Salaries using Excel Sportitude Pte Ltd is a fast-growing local sports retailer that offers a wide range of high-performance sporting apparel
- Vacuum Technology Assignment, NTU, Singapore: How many pumps will you be using for your vacuum system and explain your answer? Name the pumps used
- Analogue Electronic Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a design for an eight-floor elevator. The inputs/outputs are shown below. The elevator displays the moving direction
- Managing Change Essay, NUS, Singapore: Discuss and give examples of how organizational culture can influence organizational change
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS, Singapore: Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc
- English Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less
- Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU, Singapore: There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices