COM302 Corporate Communication Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Shopee responds to allegations of toxic workplace practices Singapore-based e-commerce platform Shopee has said it is investigating the allegations
Shopee responds to allegations of toxic workplace practices
Singapore-based e-commerce platform Shopee has said it is investigating the allegations about the toxic and discriminatory workplace practices in the company.
This comes at a challenging time for the Shopee brand, as it is in the midst of the year-end holiday season with sales like Singles’ Day and Black Friday, traditionally the most important time of the year for e-commerce platforms.
The allegations emerged after an Instagram account with the handle @wakeripsingapore put together a series of reviews about working in the company from former, prospective, and current employees from Glassdoor, screenshots, and social media comments.
These allegations include insensitive questions on race and gender, as well as a “Chinese-first culture” because Shopec’s management, which is majority Chinese, allegedly preferred Chinese-speaking individuals and conducted meetings in their preferred language.
There was also a reference to the “996 culture” which is prevalent in Chinese tech giants like Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, and PinAuoduo. This resulted in a lack of work-life balance in the company, according to the reviews.
In a statement on Facebook, Shopee said: “We are aware of the recent allegations that have surfaced. Shopee Singapore takes these allegations very seriously.
We have zero tolerance for discrimination or any form of workplace harassment and are conducting a thorough investigation of the situation.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace for all our employees.”
Adapted from Lim, S.. (29 Nov 2021). Shopee responds to allegations of toxic workplace practices. Retrieved from
a) Discuss the impact of these allegations on key stakeholders, as well as on investor and employee relations.
b) Analyse whether Shopee’s brand identity is aligned with its brand image.
c) Propose a corporate responsibility strategy that would help to improve Shopee’s brand image. Your proposal should include key objectives as well as tactics on how it should be carried out in order to achieve your goals.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices