|University||Singapore Management University (SMU)|
Macroeconomics Assignment, SMU, Singapore Consider the effects of a global shortage of microchips that are used in a range of products including personal electronic
- Consider the effects of a global shortage of microchips that are used in a range of products including personal electronic devices and cars, etc. For a country such as Singapore, this development will, ceteris paribus, likely result in a short-run increase in CPI and hamper economic growth.
- Consider a scenario where a firm has taken out a loan to finance the purchase of robots that it will use in production. Assume that the nominal interest rate at the time the loan was created is 8% and the expected rate of inflation was 5%. If inflation ends up running higher than expected at 9% the firm will make a loss and would have been better off not undertaking the investment in robots.
- Governments need to play a role in helping stabilize the economy and furthermore because of their efforts to promote economic growth, this ultimately increases the living standards experienced by everyone in a country in a manner that is more equitable compared to if the government played no role and only market forces prevailed. Discuss.
- Drawing upon the principles of the loanable funds market model, assume that the government slashes its spending while there is no change in taxation and holds constant all other factors in the economy. This policy is likely to have a positive effect on (planned) private investment in the economy. “Private investment” refers to investment in physical capital by firms and residential investment by households.
- Consider a prosperous open economy such as Singapore. If Singapore’s saving rate is 25%, while its investment rate is 20%, the economy will experience a trade surplus, meaning that receipts from exports exceed expenditures on imports.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
At Myassignmenthelp.sg, online dissertation help is just a few clicks away! We offer online assignment assistance from professionals in all spheres of dissertation writing, from topic selection to final proofreading and revising. Take advantage of our thesis help today and see your research ambitions come true!
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices