COU104e Social Emotional Learning Homework, SUSS, Singapore Mary came back from vacation and overheard one of her colleagues criticising her for leaving all the work
Mary came back from vacation and overheard one of her colleagues criticising her for leaving all the work to him to do, while she was away. Mary was very angry and went to confront this colleague. Both of them started a heated argument. Mary got angrier and angrier, thinking that her male colleague was unreasonable.
a) Elaborate on the TWO (2) social-emotional competencies relevant to this situation. Provide an example with each to illustrate your point.
b) How would you mediate this conflict between Mary and her colleague? Discuss TWO (2) conflict resolution skills. What might be TWO (2) challenges in this situation?
Jack is a 40-year-old married man with two teenage children. Recently, he had the intention to change his job because he felt he was not interested in what he was doing currently. He was a teacher. However, he also had concerns if he could get another job with the same amount of salary. He was in a dilemma and did not know what he could do.
a) Examine FOUR (4) roadblocks in decision-making that could have affected Jack in this situation. Illustrate each roadblock with ONE (1) example. (12 marks)
b) If Jack decides to search for another job, identify TWO (2) social-emotional competencies that can assist him in gaining better clarity of his situation. Suggest how Jack can build up these two competencies.
a) Define and elaborate on FOUR skills important in building healthy relationships in the workplace, and among family members. (8 marks)
b) Demonstrate how self-awareness of your strengths and weaknesses can enhance your quality of life. Provide personal examples to support your answer.
c) What can you do to maintain an accurate level of self-efficacy in your workplace?
a) Comment on ONE (1) social-emotional competency and ONE (1) value or attribute that are important in relationship management.
b) Imagine you are a parent, identify and explain FOUR (4) essential obstacles to avoid when relating to your child/children.
a) Explain what emotional regulation is, and illustrate with an example how emotions can affect thoughts and behaviours.
b) When someone is stressed and anxious, suggest FOUR (4) ways that can help him/her manage his/her stress and anxiety. (8 marks)
c) Give an example of how negative emotions had affected you in making a decision you regretted later.
a) Identify and elaborate on THREE (3) roadblocks in responsible decision-making.
b) Demonstrate with TWO (2) personal examples, on how any two of these roadblocks had affected you in responsible decision-making in the past. (6 marks)
c) Discuss the processes involved in responsible decision-making. (8 marks)
a) Discuss THREE (3) ways in which one can regulate his/her emotions. (6 marks)
b) Illustrate with examples, THREE (3) strategies in which one can use to manage stress and anxiety.
c) Discuss the links between thoughts, emotions and behaviours. Provide a concrete example to explain your answer.
Mr Peter was retrenched last month because the company was down-sizing. He had worked as an engineer for more than twenty years. With this lay-off, he was thinking of changing his career focus and would like to do something related to serving people, e.g. counselling. He discussed with his family, but they were against his decision. He was very unhappy and felt that they did not understand him. In frustration, he took to drinking and refused to look for
another job. There was a lot of tension within the family.
a) Elaborate on two social and emotional competencies lacking in Mr Peter’s situation, and explain why these skills are important in relationship management.
b) What would you suggest that Mr Peter does, to help him communicate his thoughts and decision to his family members? Suggest two ways. (10 marks)
a) Identify and elaborate on three skills important in building harmonious relationships with people.
b) Demonstrate how self-awareness of one’s strengths and weaknesses are related to managing better relationships with people.
Ray is a 40-year-old married man with two teenage children. Recently, he had a heated argument with his elder son, who refused to follow his instructions on a particular university course his son was supposed to take. In Ray’s mind, he felt that being the father, he had the authority to dictate what his son had to do. However, his son was not happy to do that course Ray had suggested. As a result of this, they had not been communicating with each other for months. His son was thinking of giving up on the whole idea of a university education.
a) Elaborate on two roadblocks that could have affected the communication pattern between father and son.
b) If Ray were to convince his son that he meant well, what could be done so that his son would discuss his future with Ray, rather than withdrawing totally from communicating with him?
a) Comment on the relevance of goal-setting in decision-making. Describe the SMART acrostic in helping someone to achieve his/her goals.
b) Identify and describe two skills relevant in developing self-management.
a) Explain why it is important for people to understand and regulate their emotions. Give four reasons to support your answer.
b) Identify four ways in which people could control their emotions effectively.
Tags:- COU104 SUSS COU104 TMA SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING-COU104
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices