|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||COU292: Research Methods in Counselling|
COU292: Research Methods in Counselling Home Work, SUSS, Singapore Every month last year, more than two young people aged 10 to 19 killed themselves. The year’s total of 27 was twice
Every month last year, more than two young people aged 10 to 19 killed themselves. The year’s total of 27 was twice as many as the year before and the highest in 15 years. The rate also stands in contrast with the overall reported suicide rate in Singapore, which last year was at its lowest since 2012.
Troubled young people who reach out to suicide prevention agency Samaritans of Singapore cite mental health issues, academic pressure, and relationship problems at home and in school as their greatest sources of stress.
The number of suicides in this group has risen even as the group itself is shrinking, declining by 7.1 percent since 2012, thus underscoring the increasing urgency of identifying and helping children at risk, said experts.
Overall, there were 409 reported suicides in the 2015 financial year, compared with 415 in 2014. It resulted in a suicide rate of 8.43 per 100,000 population, a sharp drop from 10.27 in 2012.
However, the teenage years can be a difficult time when young people struggle with issues of identity and belonging, said the Samaritans of Singapore. At greater risk are those who have mental health issues and are stressed by home and study environments.
Also, growing up in the digital age could make them particularly susceptible to negative online influences that might steer them into harming themselves or developing suicidal tendencies, said Ms. Petrinc Lim, a principal social worker at Fei Yue Community Services.
Teenagers who lack healthy outlets to express their pain, such as a supportive family and social.
Interpret the newspaper article critically and discuss the validity of the following claims:
(a) There were 409 reported suicides in 2015, which was lower than the 415 cases in 2014.
(b) There were 27 cases of reported teenage suicide in 2015, which was twice as many as the year before and the highest in 15 years.
Explain how mixed methods can be applied to gain more insights into this topic.
(a) You are a school counselor, and you are tasked to conduct a social survey on depression among secondary school students. Explain the various sources of error that you would examine and demonstrate how you would conduct the survey to reduce these errors as much as possible.
(b) Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of social surveys and their appropriateness for counseling research involving secondary school students.
(a) Demonstrate your knowledge of qualitative data analysis by discussing the appropriate use of coding and narrative analysis.
(b) Professor Jones is conducting a research study with married couples on counseling and marital satisfaction. Marital satisfaction is measured by a self-administered test, where higher scores denote greater satisfaction with the marriage. As his research assistant, suggest the most appropriate statistical test to use for each of the following research questions. Justify your choice by explaining the statistical test used.
- Is there a difference in marital satisfaction before and after counseling?
- Is self-esteem a predictor of marital satisfaction?
- What is the relationship between gender and marital satisfaction?
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Elevate your academic journey in Singapore with our comprehensive services! At Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), conquer challenges like COU292: Research Methods in Counselling Home Work. From GBA to summative assignments, and even Dissertation Writing Services, we've got your back. Experience unmatched assignment help SG. Our experts are ready to guide you through complex coursework, making success at SUSS within reach. Join us now and excel academically!
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
- Ellie’s Emotions Case Study, SIM, Singapore: Ellie is a 17-year-old girl in secondary school. Her mother, Mrs Ong owns a beauty spa business
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform a study on the effect/impact of oil price on the demand for Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV)
- Statistics and Statistical Data Mining Course Work, UOL, Singapore: You will implement several data pre-processing and engineering steps that are common in data science
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices