|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|COU292: Research Methods in Counselling
COU292: Research Methods in Counselling Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Telemedicine, which is the exchange of medical information between locations through the use of electronic communication devices
Telemedicine, which is the exchange of medical information between locations through the use of electronic communication devices, is primarily used to improve healthcare services. Its most significant feature, its dependence on communication technology, allows it to function as a surrogate to in-person meetings, thus providing diagnosis, pretreatment, and/or posttreatment to medical issues comparable to the conventional face-to-face method of medical practice. The first reference to telemedicine, although primitive, was made in 1897 in a magazine article reporting the use of a telephone in a home setting in lieu of personal visits to the doctor.
Another early application of telemedicine was seen during NASA’s first manned space mission when vital signs were collected regularly from the astronauts to address concerns of ground-based physicians regarding the effects of the absence of gravity on the human body. Today, patients use laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other such telecommunication devices for private real-time consultations with healthcare providers at distant hospitals and clinics concerning medical and pharmaceutical information.
One area where telemedicine may prove to be highly effective is in providing medical care to the elderly, an age group that may soon account for 20% of the population; however, little research has focused on how effective care can
be delivered to this population. Studies indicate that 92% of the elderly are affected by at least one chronic health issue and in some cases two. In addition, they experience reduced mental ability due to dementia as well as reduced motor capabilities, especially in fine motor coordination.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Tags:- COU292 SUSS
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices