|National University of Singapore (NUS)
|Business in the Globalized Economy
Business in the Globalized Economy Assignment, NUS, Singapore Countries nowadays are increasingly integrated within the Global Value Chains (GVCs). The disruptions to GVCs caused
Countries nowadays are increasingly integrated within the Global Value Chains (GVCs). The disruptions to GVCs caused by the Covid-19 pandemic have led to a growing debate on whether globalization has gone too far. Some politicians and policymakers argue we depend on foreign supplies so much that this reduces the resilience of our own economy in response to a crisis. Hence, we should gain self-sufficiency via reshoring or localization of production.
You are asked to write a report on trade policies/measures adopted by countries during the pandemic and the role of GVCs in the world’s economic recovery from the pandemic.
- In response to a crisis or shock, protectionism tends to arise. The global financial crisis in 2008 is an example of this. The Covid-19 pandemic is another recent example.
a) Protectionism is manifested in a country’s trade policies/measures. Describe the protectionism in terms of trade policies/measures adopted by countries for the global financial crisis in 2008 and the recent global pandemic. Is there any difference between the trade policies/measures adopted between the two crises?
b) Now focus on trade policies/measures during the recent global pandemic: Did they last long? Provide a critique of these policies/measures.
- Is globalization/GVCs the one we should blame for the insecure supply of medical goods during the pandemic? Is reshoring or localization of production the best approach to deal with a crisis like Covid-19 or similar crises?
- After three years of the pandemic, Did global trade recover quickly? What factors can affect its recovery?
- What other policies should governments pursue to secure important medical goods, and to enhance the resilience of the economy in general, in response to a similar crisis?
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Struggling with your "Business in the Globalized Economy" assignment? Let My Assignment Help SG take the burden off your shoulders! Our "Do My Assignment" service is designed to assist students like you who need expert guidance. Our skilled writers are well-versed in the intricacies of the globalized economy and can deliver a customized assignment that covers topics such as globalization, foreign direct investment, and global marketing strategies. With our reliable service, you can expect a high-quality assignment that showcases your understanding of business in the global context.
Tags:- Economy Assignment NUS
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices