|University||Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)|
Cyber Security Assignment, SIM, Singapore ZZIIPPEE Bank is one of the fastest-growing banks in India with more than 1200 branches across the country and manages $200 billion in assets
ZZIIPPEE Bank is one of the fastest-growing banks in India with more than 1200 branches across the country and manages $200 billion in assets. Handling millions of dollars of banking transactions per day, its customers depend upon the integrity and availability of their banking data.
The Bank has to comply with a new cybersecurity regulation that requires financial institutions to have DRPs and BCPs to prevent massive losses during a disaster or data breach.
The Bank realizes that it has to move its IT operations to a less risk-prone area. Furthermore, it has to separate its production and disaster-recovery facilities by a large distance to be immune to a widespread disaster. But it has to do this in such a way that it would lose no data in the event of a production data-center disaster.
The Bank plans to consolidate its multiple data centers into a single production data center with remote protection. It plans to have its disaster-recovery site in another state with an equipment configuration that is an exact mirror of the production facility.
The Bank plans to keep the backup data center’s databases in synchronism with the production data center via asynchronous replication.
However, the Bank estimates that it might lose up to 30 seconds of data following a production-site outage because of the asynchronous-replication solution. To solve this problem, the Bank can use a third minimal disk-only “bunker” site closer to the production site to act as a second up-to-date data repository.
The Bunker is a secure ex-military compound, purpose-built to protect data from every potential threat including nuclear attack. All infrastructure is kept 30 meters below ground, behind concrete walls three meters thick only accessible through two-ton steel doors and guarded 24/7. It is floodproof, bombproof, and immune to EMP and digital eavesdropping.
Therefore, should the production site fail, the nearby data bunker would contain all transactions that were executed up to the time of the outage. No data would be lost. This data bunker is designed to survive the effects of a disaster that could take down the production site.
The data bunker would be linked to both the production site and the backup site. In the event of a production-site outage, the backup site would quickly bring its database up-to-date by establishing a session with the data bunker and downloading only the data changes that it had missed. Once this is accomplished, the backup site would be put into production with zero data loss.
Implementing a 3-Data-Center architecture using a mix of asynchronous and synchronous replication ensures that no common disaster will prevent the Bank from offering its services to its customers and partners while at the same time ensuring zero data loss and fast recovery times.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Tags:- SIM QUIZ
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices