|University||Temasek Polytechnic (TP)|
Business Statistics Report, TP, Singapore Describe the 99% confidence interval of the mean monthly household expenditure in 2019 and 2020, respectively
Describe the 99% confidence interval of the mean monthly household expenditure in 2019 and 2020, respectively. Interpret and discuss whether Mr. Goh can conclude that the household expenditure of Singapore residents in 2020 is lower than that in 2019.
Apply an appropriate hypothesis test to determine if the household expenditure of Singapore residents in 2020 is lower than that in 2019, at the significance level of 1%. Examine the assumptions required to perform the test. Are these assumptions reasonable? Please provide explanations.
Criticize the analysis done by Mr. Goh by identifying three (3) concerns. If you have a free hand to study this research question starting from data collection to analysis, explain how you would conduct the project. Keep your answer within 300 words and indicate your word count at the end of your answer.
Summarise the above analysis in a simplified report. You may also use the result you have developed in your TMA. The word limit is 300 words. Please indicate the word count at the end of your answer.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
A report shows that Covid-19 reduced household expenditure in Europe by 8% in 2020. Elsewhere, consumer spending also dropped significantly in 2020, with 4% seen in the United States, and 17% reported in China (Broom, 2021).
After reading the report, Mr. Goh, a student of the Singapore University of Social Sciences, was interested to find out how Covid-19 has affected household spending in Singapore. Surprisingly, he found news saying that consumer spending among Singapore residents was resilient and at a similar level to 2019 (Choo, 2021).
In order to have a better understanding of the impact of Covid-19 on the household spending of Singapore residents, Mr. Goh decided to conduct a survey. He got a random sample of 32 students from the Singapore University of Social Sciences and collected data on their average monthly household expenditure in 2019 and 2020. Based on his own experience, he hypothesized that the household expenditure of Singapore residents in 2020 is lower than that in 2019.
The data is given in the Excel data file “BUS 105_household expenditure”.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Need help with report writing? My Assignment Help SG is your go-to source for online assignment assistance. Catering to students at Temasek Polytechnic (TP) and other educational institutions, we offer top-notch report-writing services. Our expert writers are proficient in statistical analysis and can deliver customized reports to meet your specific requirements. From data interpretation to formatting and presentation, we ensure that your reports are accurate, well-structured, and impressive.
- GER688 Applied Research in Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A programme developer plans to come up with a service to provide counselling and guidance to older adults
- Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Care Shield Life is a long-term care insurance scheme that provides basic financial support should Singaporeans become severely disabled
- Mechanical Engineering System Assignment, SIT, Singapore: You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes
- Business Information Systems Assignment, SIMGE, Singapore: Computation of Salaries using Excel Sportitude Pte Ltd is a fast-growing local sports retailer that offers a wide range of high-performance sporting apparel
- Vacuum Technology Assignment, NTU, Singapore: How many pumps will you be using for your vacuum system and explain your answer? Name the pumps used
- Analogue Electronic Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a design for an eight-floor elevator. The inputs/outputs are shown below. The elevator displays the moving direction
- Managing Change Essay, NUS, Singapore: Discuss and give examples of how organizational culture can influence organizational change
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS, Singapore: Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc
- English Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less
- Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU, Singapore: There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices