|University||Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)|
|Subject||Security Tools Lab 1|
Security Tools Lab 1 Assignment, SUTD, Singapore Despite the well-established problems facing password-based authentication, it continues to be the dominant form of authentication used on the web
Despite the well-established problems facing password-based authentication, it continues to be the dominant form of authentication used on the web. Complex passwords that are difficult for an attacker to guess are also hard for users to remember which leads to users creating weaker passwords to avoid the burden of recalling them. In fact, with the increase in the number of passwords users are required to store, they often reuse passwords across websites.
Password managers can help users more effectively manage their passwords. They reduce the cognitive burden placed upon the user by generating strong passwords, storing those passwords, and then filling in the appropriate password when a site is visited. The user is now able to follow the latest security advice regarding passwords without placing a high cognitive burden on themselves.
But password managers are still vulnerable to other forms of attack. For instance, some browser-based password managers like LastPass and RoboForm have been shown to be vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks and network injection attacks because of their autofill features.
Another vulnerability lies in the password generation stage which some password managers offer, where the generated password is not strong and can be easily guessed through various forms of password cracking like
a dictionary attack, rainbow table attack, or rule-based attack.
In this project, you will evaluate various password generators and the strength of the password they generate – not the bit quality but the resistance to guessability through various password cracking mechanisms.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Need a reliable homework helper for Security Tools Lab 1? My Assignment Help sg offers top-notch online assignment help services. Our expert team provides comprehensive assistance to excel in your Security Tools Lab 1 assignments. Trust My Assignment Help sg for professional guidance and reliable support. Get the help you need to succeed in Security Tools Lab 1 with our trusted services in Singapore.
Tags:- Case Study Assignments SUTD
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
- Ellie’s Emotions Case Study, SIM, Singapore: Ellie is a 17-year-old girl in secondary school. Her mother, Mrs Ong owns a beauty spa business
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform a study on the effect/impact of oil price on the demand for Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV)
- Statistics and Statistical Data Mining Course Work, UOL, Singapore: You will implement several data pre-processing and engineering steps that are common in data science
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices