|University||NORTH KENT COLLEGE (NKC)|
|Subject||Diploma in ship superintendence|
Diploma in ship superintendence module11 – case study NKC, Singapore Logical Ship Management (LSM) is one of the oldest and one of the largest ship management companies in the world
CASE STUDY SCENARIO
Logical Ship Management (LSM) is one of the oldest and one of the largest ship management companies in the world. It has eight offices in various shipping hubs around the world, namely Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Southampton, Miami, and Houston.
The company manages vessels for a variety of local small and large ship owners from its mentioned offices, which include tankers of various types and sizes, cape size and Panamax bulk carriers, and container vessels ranging from 2,900 TEU to 10,000 TEU. The Miami office manages the cruise vessels. Very few of the vessels are “sister” vessels and most of them have been built in different shipyards in Asia and Europe.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
The company is now trying to venture into a new market and negotiating contracts with a large local offshore company in Brazil for managing their fleet of offshore vessels and hopes to open an office there soon. Most of these offshore vessels are either DP2 or DP3 rated by a large classification society.
In each of its existing offices, the company manages an average of about 40 ships which are registered either in the port where the offices exist or one of the larger flags of convenience (FOC) like Panama and Liberia. The ratio between the local flag and FOC vessels is 1:3. The sailing staff and the office staff are all of mixed nationality, except where the local rules require having local crew and officers on board.
The company has had a longstanding policy that in normal conditions none of the technical superintendents employed should manage more than four ships at a time and the fleet manager more than 20 vessels, thus for ease of understanding it can be assumed that there are two groups in each office.
When one of the superintendents is on leave or attending dry-dock, the remaining vessels for that period are distributed among the superintendents in the office from the same group evenly for backup. The backup for the Fleet Managers is the Technical Director.
The company’s manning agents, along with their local training facilities, exist in various parts of the world based on from where the majority of the crew and officers are employed. Their largest manning agent is from Manila.
The rest of the functions like purchasing, HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) etc. are in house and occupy the same offices as the technical team.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Tags:- Logical Ship Management
- COMP5355 cyber security Report, SIM, Singapore: Analyzing the SSL/TLS certificate verification of real Android apps
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices