|Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Draw the centre of gravity for a circular and an equilateral triangle-shaped lamina: Mechanics Report, NTU, Singapore
Procedure for Part 1 – Determine the center of gravity for a regular-shaped lamina.
a) Make three holes in the cardboard as near the edge as possible.
b) Arrange the setup as shown. In this instance, a bamboo pole is placed across two chairs.
c) Insert a paper clip or wire hook into one of the holes and suspend the lamina from the pole with a cloth peg holding the setup in place.
d) Hang the string with weight attached through the paper clip.
e) Allow the lamina and string to stabilise before drawing a line on the lamina to represent the line of the string.
f) Repeat steps c to e for the other two holes.
g) Clear mark the intersection for the regular-shaped object.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Procedure for Part 2 – Determine the center of gravity for an irregular-shaped lamina.
a) Draw an irregular-shaped profile on the same cardboard as shown and cut the profile out.
b) Make three holes in the cardboard as near the edge as possible.
c) Repeat the same steps as in the procedure for part 1.
d) Use a different colored pen when drawing the lines on the lamina for the second procedure.
e) Place the lamina on the tip of your finger and the lamina should stay in place if the procedures are properly carried out.
a) Draw the centre of gravity for a circular and an equilateral triangle-shaped lamina. ( 4 marks )
b) Discuss the precautions that you took while conducting the experiments in order to obtain accurate results. ( 4 marks )
c) Discuss, with illustrations, how an object’s centre of gravity affects its stability. ( 10 marks )
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Rely on our acclaimed Singapore Assignment Help for unparalleled academic support, backed by stellar student reviews. Explore our expertise in precise Report Writing Services in Singapore, including tasks like drawing the center of gravity for circular and equilateral triangle-shaped laminas in Mechanics Reports at NTU. Elevate your academic experience by paying our experts for tailored assistance, ensuring success in every course.
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices