|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||EAS107 Introduction to engineering materials and Aero materials Assignment|
EAS107 introduction to engineering materials and Aero materials Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Tensile Tests Were Conducted On Four Cylindrical Metallic Specimens, A, B, C And D
Tensile tests were conducted on four cylindrical metallic specimens, A, B, C, and D. The initial diameter of the specimens was measured to be 10.0 mm and the tensile test results are shown in Figure Q1a.
Interpret Figure Q1a to answer Q1a(i)
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ?
Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Identify the specimen that is least tough. Justify your choice.
Calculate the ultimate tensile strength for specimen B.
Calculate the percentage reduction in area for specimen D if its cross sectional area after test was measured to be 50.5 mm2
A force of 24 kN was applied to specimen A. State the elastic extension recorded and calculate its Young’s modulus in MPa.
If cold working were to be performed on Specimen C, recommend an appropriate load to be applied. Justify your choice.
A steel sheet, 1.5 mm thick, has nitrogen atmosphere on both sides at 1200oC and is assumed to behave in accordance to Fick’s first law.
Describe the assumption(s) for this steel sheet to behave in accordance to Fick’s first law.
The distance from the high-pressure surface and its concentration of nitrogen are measured for two positions in the steel sheet as listed in Table Q1b(ii).
Interpret the data in the table to calculate the concentration gradient of nitrogen in the steel sheet.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
The diffusion coefficient for nitrogen in steel at 1200oC is 6 x 10-11 m 2 /s. Calculate its diffusion flux and state its units.
If the steel sheet in the above scenario is assumed to behave in accordance to Fick’s second law, is the assumption described in Question 1b(i) valid? Justify your answer.
List THREE (3) powder processing methods to shape ceramics powders into ‘green ceramics’.
Compare the properties of thermoplastics and ceramics as listed in Table Q2b. Copy Table Q2b and describe each property with one of the following: ‘higher’, ‘lower’ or ‘same’
Recall the repeating units of polyethylene and polystyrene and explain why polystyrene is stronger and stiffer than polyethylene.
Analyse the key differences between thermoplastics and thermosets based on the three perspectives listed in Table Q2d. Copy Table Q2d to answer the question.
Calculate the critical radius for nickel using the data in Table Q3a(i).
Explain what will happen to a nickel nucleus of radius 2.50 x 10-10 cm present in the molten nickel.
If there is no undercooling due to slow cooling rate, recall an alternative foundry practice to refine the grain in the nickel casting during solidification.
Refer to Figure Q3b for Q3b(i) to Q3b(iv)
Locate the eutectic point in the phase diagram. State the eutectic reaction and the temperature at which it occurs.
Apply the Lever rule to execute a calculation on the percentage of β phase present in the eutectic mixture. Show your working.
Describe the changes taking place as the alloy with 10%Sn is cooled slowly from 350°C to room temperature i.e. from Point 1 to Point 5 in the phase diagram.
With the aid of a schematic diagram to indicate the relationship between solubility of gas in metal with temperature, identify why it is important to remove the dissolved gas before solidification of the casting.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Attention Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) students! Struggling with your EAS107 Introduction to Engineering Materials and Aero Materials Assignment? Look no further! Our specialized assignment writing service in Singapore offers expert assistance for individual assignments, including case study writing service. Whether it's analyzing Tensile Tests conducted on metallic specimens A, B, C, and D or diving deep into complex engineering concepts, our skilled professionals are here to help. Singaporean students can rely on our experts to excel in their coursework. Don't let assignments overwhelm you—reach out for top-notch support today.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices