|University||National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Subject||EC4352: Singapore Economy Assignment|
EC4352: Singapore Economy Assignment, NUS, Singapore Using the data on the Average Monthly Household Income from Work Among Resident Employed Households by Deciles
Using the data on the Average Monthly Household Income from Work Among Resident Employed Households by Deciles, compute the nominal percentage change in the monthly household income over the previous year for 2010 to 2021.
Call the Consumer Price Index (CPI) By Household Income Group, Lowest 20%, middle 60%, and Top 20%, and compute the percentage change in real monthly household income, from 2010 to 2021.
Using the data on income, generate the 90/10 ratio as well as the 50/10 ratio.
Generate appropriate histograms or plots that best help you to visualize the data, which you can import into the analyses.
- In Budget 2011, the Minister of Finance, Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam articulated the government’s long-term goal of growing incomes for all Singaporeans, including those at the lower end of the income ladder. The aim is “to raise incomes by 30% in real terms over this decade.” Real income growth measures the improvement of consumption and standards of living.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
a. Based on your worksheet model, evaluate if the government has achieved the fiscal goal set out in 2011 to raise real incomes by 30% over the decade, that is 2011 to 2020. How has the pandemic affected this long-term goal? What can be done to put the “income” growth path on track?
b. In the speech, the then Minister of Finance used “incomes” to measure the improvement in consumption and standard of living. What other metrics could be used to measure the improvement of consumption and standard of living? Support your arguments with data.
c. Why did the policymaker set raising “real incomes by 30%” as the long-term financial goal instead of “improving income distribution”?
- In the Budget 2023 Roundup speech, DPM Wong said that “Over the past five years, our lower-wage workers have consistently seen higher income growth than those at the median.”
Will you be able to use the data to verify the statement? What are the limitations of using the average household income data? In your analyses, explain what policies have been put in place to uplift the wages of lower-wage workers.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Calling all Singaporean students at the National University of Singapore (NUS)! Are you looking for academic assistance for your courses? Look no further! Our expert team is here to provide comprehensive support in various areas. Whether you need help with TMA (Tutor-Marked Assignment), individual assignments, or require guidance with your coursework, our dedicated writers are ready to deliver exceptional results. Worried about meeting deadlines and grasping complex concepts? Our Homework Helper service is tailored to meet your specific needs. Singapore students can pay our experts and receive the guidance they need to excel in their courses. Let us help you analyze the data on the Average Monthly Household Income from Work Among Resident Employed Households by Deciles in your Singapore Economy assignment at NUS. Say goodbye to academic stress and rely on our professional assignment writing help. Trust us to provide the expertise you need to succeed in your course.
- FIN312: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS, Singapore In Dice Game, you must run across a 140m bridge before it collapses. You are given two 6- sided dices with these numbers on their faces
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Assignment, UOL, Singapore Mr. and Mrs. Endin are getting a divorce. They have been married for three years. Wilma has been a successful attorney for twenty years
- PSY390: Research Methods Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Evaluate the methodology used by Armand et al. (2021) by discussing its strengths and limitations in relation to the study’s research purpose and objectives
- SCO107: Challenging Sustainability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore For this assignment, you will write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. You should study the Singapore Green Plan
- BUS230: Change Management Essay, MU, Singapore This unit examines contemporary change management theories and the various contexts in which they may be applied
- BUS353: Project Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Essential Biotech is a biotechnology company founded by Dr. James Ooi eight years ago in Singapore
- FMT309: Building Diagnostics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore A Building Condition Survey provides an assessment of the condition of a building. Building defects will be identified and tabulated
- SCO104: Globalization and Technology Essay, SUSS, Singapore Technological change has deepened globalization and weakened the relevance of the nation-state
- HS8481: Subdural Hemorrhage Management Assignment, NYP, Singapore Discuss the indications, contraindications, nursing care possible complications, outcomes, and nursing management
- Managing Business Assignment, SMU, Singapore Shopee was first launched in 2015 as an online shopping portal. Over the scope of time, it managed to expand its online business
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices