ECE100 Children, Care and Education: Issues and Contexts ECA Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Analyse and compare the role of the teacher in relation to the main goals set out for children in Singapore and in Anji County, China What are the similarities and differences
Question 1 is based on these two references:
i. Outdoor Learning Committee (2019). Outdoor Learning: A National Guide for Early Childhood Educators. Singapore. and
ii. Coffino, J.R. and Bailey, C.B. (2019). The Anji Play Ecology of Early Learning.
Childhood Education, 95(1), 3-9, DOI: 10.1080/00094056.2019.1565743 (The article is retrievable from the SUSS Digital Library).
a) Analyse and compare the role of the teacher in relation to the main goals set out for children in Singapore and in Anji County, China. What are the similarities and differences?
b) Discuss the underlying assumptions about child development that is found in these two documents. Reference specific parts of the documents in your discussion.
c) Lastly, compare and discuss what you have learnt in the two documents (i) and (ii) with Zosh’s chapter on playful learning found in your NAEYC DAP book.
This question requires you to watch the video clip, “Marutanbo-The Forest Kindergarten”
Discuss the assumptions underlying the practices of Marutanbo Kindergarten and how these are deemed effective for young children’s overall learning and development. Compare these assumptions with those found in the early childhood settings that you have encountered in Singapore.
Use the following questions to organise your discussion in a coherent essay form:
• Use Erik Erikson’s and Lev Vygotsky’s theories introduced in Beloglovsky & Daly (2015) to discuss the strengths and limitations of the practices of Marutanbo in relation to children’s learning and holistic development.
• Describe a typical Singapore early childhood setting using a 150-word vignette.
• Discuss by comparing and contrasting the key cultural and environmental differences that could have led to the different ECCE perspectives in Marutanbo Kindergarten and Singapore.
Support your entire discussion with relevant course readings and literature including news reports, national frameworks, government reports etc.
Tags:- ECE100 ECA ECE100 TMA suss ece100
- AP0508: Biology of Disease Report, NU Singapore Detail the stages of acute cutaneous wound healing with specific reference to the cytokines and integrins involved
- FIN312: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS, Singapore In Dice Game, you must run across a 140m bridge before it collapses. You are given two 6- sided dices with these numbers on their faces
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Assignment, UOL, Singapore Mr. and Mrs. Endin are getting a divorce. They have been married for three years. Wilma has been a successful attorney for twenty years
- PSY390: Research Methods Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Evaluate the methodology used by Armand et al. (2021) by discussing its strengths and limitations in relation to the study’s research purpose and objectives
- SCO107: Challenging Sustainability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore For this assignment, you will write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. You should study the Singapore Green Plan
- BUS230: Change Management Essay, MU, Singapore This unit examines contemporary change management theories and the various contexts in which they may be applied
- BUS353: Project Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Essential Biotech is a biotechnology company founded by Dr. James Ooi eight years ago in Singapore
- FMT309: Building Diagnostics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore A Building Condition Survey provides an assessment of the condition of a building. Building defects will be identified and tabulated
- SCO104: Globalization and Technology Essay, SUSS, Singapore Technological change has deepened globalization and weakened the relevance of the nation-state
- HS8481: Subdural Hemorrhage Management Assignment, NYP, Singapore Discuss the indications, contraindications, nursing care possible complications, outcomes, and nursing management
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices