|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|ECE314 (FT) Facilitating Children’s Mathematical Thinking
ECE314 (FT) Facilitating Children’s Mathematical Thinking, SUSS, Singapore: You will design a Mathematical Learning Experience incorporating the elements listed below
For this question, you will design a Mathematical Learning Experience incorporating the elements listed below. You will not be implementing the plan at this time. Your plan should demonstrate your understanding of the focus of the experience that you are providing to children, reflecting the constructivist perspective on mathematical teaching and learning.
Begin your response by providing the name of the learning experience (be it an activity/a series of activities, a project, or a provocation), then write up the following segments. Use the questions to guide your write-up.
a) Describe the planned experience and its goal.
i) Describe the intended context (childcare or kindergarten setting, age group, age/size of group you will work with for this experience) without revealing the name of the center or people.
ii) Briefly summarise the learning experience in 2 or 3 sentences. What will the children and teacher be doing in the learning experience?
iii) Identify the fundamental math concept or topic (use one of the 9 topics listed in the chapters of the textbook) that the learning experience will address.
iv) Identify the Big Idea (as stated in the textbook) that the children will learn from the experience you have created. Use this sentence: Through the learning experience, the children will understand that…
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
b) Implementation plan: Tell us how you would implement your plans based on your analysis of the children and what is possible within the environment/setting.
i) How will you introduce the learning experience to children or prepare the environment or provocation?
ii) How will you carry out the activity for the children?
iii) Include specific questions you might ask to encourage inquiry, thinking and problem-solving.
c) Discuss how this experience will support and develop children’s mathematical thinking.
i) How will the activity develop the children’s understanding of the Big Idea? Which part(s) of the activity will address the Big Idea?
ii) How will you assess or determine whether the children have understood the Big Idea?
d) How constructivist is your plan?
Identify and discuss TWO (2) features of your activity that reflect a constructivist approach to mathematics learning in contrast to a traditional, drill-and-practice approach.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Calling all SUSS students! Navigate the challenges of ECE314 (FT) Facilitating Children’s Mathematical Thinking with TMA, your trusted ally for academic success. We specialize in expert assistance for individual assignments and provide essential Online Exam Help in Singapore. Design a flawless Mathematical Learning Experience with our dedicated support. Singaporean students can easily pay our experts for personalized guidance through our reliable assignment help services. TMA is your key to a seamless path to success – click your way to academic excellence.
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices