|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|ECO202: Economic Ideas and Models for Business
ECO202: Economic Ideas and Models for Business Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Classify X in terms of its price and income elasticities of demand and establish the relationship between product X and product Y
Note: For all sub-questions of Question 1, your answer should not exceed 500 words excluding figures and tables.
(a) Consider the following information for a product X and a related product Y:
|Quantity of X traded
|Price of X
|Income of Consumers
|Price of Y
Classify X in terms of its price and income elasticities of demand and establish the relationship between product X and product Y. How does knowledge on the price elasticity of demand, the income elasticity of demand and the cross-price elasticity of demand helps a firm in making business decisions. Explain with suitable examples.
(b) The demand and supply functions of rice is given as P = 200 – 0.5Q and P = 100 + 0.5Q, respectively. Solve for the equilibrium price and quantity in the rice market. If the government implements a price floor of $180 per unit of rice, appraise the efficiency of the rice market by computing the consumer surplus, the producer surplus and the deadweight loss (if any) in the rice market. Support your answers with a suitable rice market diagram and comment on the winner and loser under this policy.
(c) To discourage the consumption of a product, the government should impose a tax on the consumers instead of the producers. Do you agree? Explain with a suitable market diagram.
To discourage the consumption of a product, the government should impose a tax on the consumers instead of the producers. Do you agree? Explain with a suitable market diagram
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Introducing our comprehensive academic assistance services tailored specifically for Singaporean students studying at the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). We offer expert guidance in a range of areas including GBA (Group-Based Assignments), final year exam assignments, case study writing help, and assignment writing service. In ECO202: Economic Ideas and Models for Business at SUSS, Singapore, we understand the importance of classifying X in terms of its price and income elasticities of demand, as well as establishing the relationship between product X and product Y. Our team of experienced professionals can provide you with the knowledge and support needed to excel in this subject. Don't let the complexity of your coursework hinder your success. Singaporean students can confidently pay our experts to take help in their course. Unlock your academic potential and achieve remarkable results with our reliable services.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices