|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
ECO203: International Economics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore
On 1 June 2022, Malaysia imposed a ban on chicken export. Singapore was heavily impacted as its national dish, Hainanese chicken rice, highly depends on fresh chicken supply from Malaysia. Note that we only focus on the domestic market in Singapore. Refer to the following links for more detailed descriptions of the chicken crisis in Singapore. These news articles will provide insights/information to help you explain and analyze the chicken crisis.
Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore. Explain how the impact caused changes in the market and how the market adjusted to a new equilibrium price and quantity after the change, using the diagram:
a. Many people rushed to buy the dish before the ban was imposed.
b. The ban was officially imposed on 1st June 2022 and many people (both vendors and consumers) believe the taste of Hainanese chicken rice will not be good if they use frozen chicken. ( Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of poached chicken and seasoned rice, served with chilli sauce and usually with cucumber garnishes)
c. After the ban, the Singaporean government has managed to source additional frozen chicken supply from Indonesia, Thailand and Australia. Vendors have also adjusted the recipe to account for the texture of frozen chickens.
Each of your diagrams must be fully labelled and digitized: both axes, all curves, all prices and quantities labelled on the axes and each equilibrium point. Each diagram must have a heading. Use letters such as P1 and Q1 or similar, rather than actual price and quantity numbers. A photo of hand drawn diagrams is not acceptable.
a. How does the price elasticity of supply change as an immediate result of the ban on chicken export from Malaysia (in Question 1b)? Justify your answer. If there is a change in price elasticity of supply, how does this affect the supply curve you have drawn in Question 1
b. (No need to illustrate with a diagram).
b. How does the cross-price elasticity of demand for chicken alternative dishes with regard to the price of Hainanese chicken rice change?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Struggling with ECO203: International Economics assignments at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)? Look no further! Our report writing service is designed to help you excel in your academic journey. Our team of expert writers specializes in creating comprehensive reports that draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore. With their expertise, you can submit well-analyzed and structured assignments that impress your professors. Pay our experts to take help on your course and experience the best assignment help in Singapore!
- Financial Accounting Assignment, UoB, Singapore: The older delivery van costing $120,000 bought on 11 November 2016 was traded in for a new one on 19 June 2021
- Business Research Methods Research Paper, SUSS, Singapore: The sales profession is often enough compared to waging war where opposing sides battle for the same coveted resources
- Supply Chain Management Assignment, NUS, Singapore Critical analysis of a company’s supply chain process. In the module, we have studied logistics and supply chain processes
- Corporate Strategy Case Study, SIM, Singapore In 2001, Tony Fernandes and Dato Kamarudin Meranum bought the failing government-owned Malaysian Airline
- Mass Communications Assignment, NTU, Singapore Consider how a. women, OR b. ethnic minorities, OR c. LGBT+ are depicted in your country’s media today in the wake of social justice
- Principles Of Graphic And Media Design Essay, SP, Singapore Art history, being concerned with identifying, classifying, describing, evaluating, interpreting, and understanding historic development
- Data Analytics Assignment, NUS, Singapore Max Burg is considering setting up a restaurant. If he opens it in Castle Street, he believes there is an equal chance of making a profit
- Business Statistics Assignment, TP, Singapore Survey research is a tool used by businesses to obtain feedback from their customers, suppliers One of the requirements to obtain good
- Accounting Home Work, NTU, Singapore: A company incorporated under the Companies Act has a legal obligation to supply annual accounts to which of the following
- Business Management Assignment, SHRM, Singapore Your research must achieve the learning outcomes at the standards provided. It must be related to a topic associated
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices