|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||Business in Globalised Economy|
ECON 1089 – Business in the Globalized Economy Assessment Task 3 Assignment, NTU, Singapore The countries nowadays are increasingly integrated within the Global Value Chains (GVCs)
The countries nowadays are increasingly integrated within the Global Value Chains (GVCs). The disruptions to GVCs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to a growing debate on whether globalization has gone too far. Some politicians and policymakers argue we depend on foreign supplies so much that this reduces the resilience of our own economy in response to a crisis. Hence, we should gain self-sufficiency via reshoring or localization of production.
You are asked to write a report on trade policies/measures adopted by countries during the pandemic, and the role of GVCs in the world’s economic recovery from the pandemic.
Your report should address the following questions:
- In a response to a crisis or shock, protectionism tends to arise. The global finance crisis in 2008 is an example of this. The Covid-19 pandemic is another recent example.
- Protectionism is manifested in a country’s trade policies/measures. Describe the protectionism in terms of trade policies/measures adopted by countries for the global financial crisis in 2008 and the recent global pandemic. Is there any difference between the trade policies/measures adopted between the two crises? [8 marks]
- Now focus on trade policies/measures during the recent global pandemic: Did they last long? Provide a critique of these policies/measures. [5 marks]
- Is globalization/GVCs the one we should blame for insecure supply of medical goods during the pandemic? Is reshoring or localization of production the best approach to deal with a crisis like Covid-19 or similar crises? [14 marks]
- After three years of pandemic, Did global trade recover quickly? What factors can affect its recovery? [8 marks]
- What other polices should governments pursue to secure important medical goods, and to enhance the resilience of economy in general, in a response to a similar crisis. [5 marks]
Are you a student at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore grappling with individual assignments and the complexities of the globalized economy? Look no further! Our expert team provides specialized online assignment help tailored to your needs. We understand the challenges posed by courses like ECON 1089 - Business in the Globalized Economy, especially tasks like Assessment Task 3 Assignment. That's why we offer dedicated support to ensure your academic success. Worried about online exams? No problem! Our Online Exam Help service is designed to ease your exam worries. Stay ahead of the curve in an era of global value chains (GVCs) with our expert guidance. Invest in your education and future today with our support.
Tags:- ECON 1089 NTU
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices