|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
ELG359: Phonology HomeWork, SUSS, Singapore Identify and list all the allomorphs of the prefix and For each allomorph, identify all the environments in which it occurs
Examine the following data from a made-up language Abra and answer the questions that follow. The prefix means “accidentally”.
a) Identify and list all the allomorphs of the prefix.
b) For each allomorph, identify all the environments in which it occurs.
c) What is the underlying form of the allomorph?
d) State the rules that must be applied to derive the surface representation(s).
a) All languages are governed by phonotactics and alternations. Examine the following statements. Apply and test your understanding of alternations to name the following five alternations below assimilation, coalescence, debuccalization, deletion, dissimilation, epenthesis, fortition, lengthening, shortening, lenition, or metathesis. If it is a case of assimilation or dissimilation, state whether it is local or long-distance. Some may contain more than one alternation.
i) In Moro, the locative prefix is pronounced as [ek] if the word-initial consonant is voiced and [eg] if it is voiceless.
ii) In English, the words “should you” are often pronounced as [facto] instead of [fad
iii) In Florentine Italian, intervocalic voiceless stops become fricatives.
iv) The English word “ask” is often pronounced [a:ks] instead of [a:sk].
v) In Hungarian, the dative suffix is pronounced [-nek] before words that contain all high vowels but as [nak] before words that contain back vowels. is prefixed to a word with a high vowel, a mid vowel results.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Looking for assignment help in Singapore? Look no further! We offer expert assistance to students at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Whether it's tackling your ELG359: Phonology homework or needing support with Case Study Writing, our team is here to provide top-notch solutions. Our services cover a wide range, including identifying and listing allomorphs of prefixes and their corresponding environments. Don't stress over your assignments – trust our reliable solutions and excel in your studies.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices