|Newcastle University (NU)
|EPE3200: State Space Analysis and Controller Design
EPE3200: State Space Analysis and Controller Design Home Work, NU, Singapore Obtain the model of the system in State Space form. Obtain the equilibrium point and linearize the model around
In this assignment, you will model, analyze and design a controller for the inverted pendulum shown in the figure. You will apply the principles learned in the model to accomplish the tasks and prepare a report that you will be submitting at the end of the trimester. The parameters of the inverted pendulum system are as follows:
Mass of the cart (M): 0.5 kg
Mass of the pendulum (m): 0.2 kg
Coefficient of friction for cart (b): 0.1 N/m/sec
Length to pendulum center of mass (l): 0.3 m
Mass moment of inertia of the pendulum (I): 0.006 kg.m^2
- Obtain the model of the system in State Space form.
- Obtain the equilibrium point and linearize the model around the equilibrium point.
- Design a pole placement controller that can drive the cart to follow a step reference input while keeping the pendulum upright.
- Design an LQR controller for the task in (c) and compare both approaches.
- Assuming that the speed of the cart and angular speed of the pendulum is not measured, derive a state observer that can estimate those signals and use the observer in parts (c) and (d).
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Are you stuck with your EPE3200: State Space Analysis and Controller Design Homework and looking for the best homework writing help in Singapore? Look no further, at My Assignment Help SG we have a team of skilled writers who can assist you and complete your homework in a 100% error-less manner at a very cheap price.
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices