FIN358 Fixed Income and Derivative Securities Assignment, SUSS, Singapore The table below shows the data relating to two call options The AYE call expiring in 6 months is correctly priced
(a) The table below shows the data relating to two call options. The AYE call expiring in 6 months is correctly priced.
Appraise whether the PIE call expiring in 6 months is consistently priced in relation to the AYE call expiring in 6 months.
If there is insufficient information available to determine the consistency in the pricing of the calls, give your reasons.
(b) (i) You are a gold trader looking for arbitrage opportunities. The spot price of gold is currently $1,800 per ounce. The futures contract price for delivery in 6 months is $1,850. Storage cost is fixed at $10 per ounce for 6 months.
Appraise and value (compute) the borrowing cost above which arbitraging the
two prices are not profitable.
(ii) If you were to formulate a strategy to hedge the gold inventory, would you agree with the jeweler who made the following remark?
“I’ve hedged my inventory of gold with gold futures contracts, so my inventory is perfectly hedged against changes in gold prices.”
Assess the risks and returns of green bonds. How are green bonds different from regular bonds? Discuss the attractiveness of green bonds for investors.
(a) The diagram below shows a binomial tree for a 6.5% coupon bond based on an interest rate volatility of 10%.
Create a model (use an Excel spreadsheet) and compute the price of the bond.
(b) Suppose the bond above is now callable at only time 1 and time 2 at prices of 102 and 101, respectively. Calculate the price of the call option associated with the bond.
(c) Discuss your answer in part (b).
(d) If the bond is more convex than it is presently, assess the impact on your answer to part (b).
Based on Question 2, prepare a video recording of the presentation of at least 3 minutes but not exceeding 6 minutes. In this presentation, imagine you are a private wealth manager who is presenting to a client on a new investment vehicle, namely green bonds.
In particular, you will articulate what green bonds are, why and how they are different from conventional bonds, their risks and returns, and finally, why they would be a suitable addition to the client’s portfolio. There are two methods for ECA video assignment submission; either Record Media or Upload Media. For Upload Media, please note that your file size should be no more than 500MB and the format is in .mp4.
Prepare a set of PowerPoint presentations upon which the video presentation is based. Please note that the PowerPoint must be converted to PDF before submission to Canvas.
Tags:- FIN 358 group assignment FIN 358 SUSS Fin358 ECA Fin358 Individual Assignment
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices