|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||FMT302- Operation and Maintenance of Building Services|
FMT302: Operation and Maintenance of Building Services Case Study, SUSS, Singapore The case study is a mixed development which is a 30-story commercial development comprising
The case study is a mixed development which is a 30-story commercial development comprising an office block and a four-story retail podium with two basement levels located in downtown Singapore. This mixed development is accessible by road and MRT station. The retail podium is almost fully occupied and is a prime shopping and dining destination for locals, the working crowd in the surrounding office developments, and tourists.
The office block is of Grade-A office space and is leased to several multinational corporations and local companies.
The ACMV system had been served by two water-cooled centrifugal chillers. Facility Management had installed Building energy systems which are somewhat outdated. The building has an energy management system (EMS) that is not connected to all building energy systems and is not being used in a fully functional way. The monthly energy billings for tenants are in agreed proportion in the tenancy agreements. From the utility/energy billing data, it appears that the building has a peak cooling load in May and October.
Nearly 5 years ago, this building underwent a minor renovation. This renovation included installing a Direct Digital Control (DDC) energy management control system t control the variable air volume (VAV) ACMV system and lighting and a variable speed drive (VSD) for the chilled water system. The building was not commissioned as part of the renovation.
This commercial building had 16 lifts installed dating back to the building that was built in the 2000s. No lift modernization program was involved in the major changes except the replacement of lift hoisting ropes and hoisting motors.
An O&M assessment was performed after the renovation since the building energy bills seemed higher than expected. As a result of the assessment, a few O&M-related problems including system and equipment operation deficiency were identified. It was also determined that most of these problems had been present since the renovation.
The commercial building is managed by an in-house team for daily system operation and periodic/scheduled maintenance work. Specialized services like lift maintenance, fire alarm system, and BMS are performed by vendors and service providers.
You are the Building Manager of this mixed development. You have observed the existing physical system operation and conditions for quite a while. Study the case and apply for the course materials that you had learned from units 1 to 6 of this course,
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
(a) Appraise the energy management system in the commercial building operation and examine the challenges of effective implementation of the energy monitoring and measures to achieve the required energy saving. Your analysis should include but not be limited to the following:
- Identify the equipment/system for energy improvement, the potential for energy saving, reduction of energy cost, etc
- Examine and identify techniques used for energy improvement to monitor the
energy consumption and propose the approach of energy conservation
Propose and formulate approaches to monitor and meter the energy usage and consumption pattern.
(b) Good preventive maintenance practices are important to prolong the equipment’s life span and the sustainability of building operation. A holistic approach does not only include a conditions assessment that looks at maintenance issues and practices but also includes a thorough operations assessment.
- Examine how well the building control strategies, sequences of equipment
operations, Mechanical & Electrical equipment performance efficiency
trending and lighting control will improve building system operation and
- Being a building energy professional, propose smart analytic
techniques you would recommend analyzing in the building.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Navigating the challenges of FMT302: Operation and Maintenance of Building Services at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? We're here to empower your success. Whether it's FY (Foundation Year) assignments or individual tasks, our services cater to your academic needs. Facing complexities in the case study of a mixed development? Leverage our Online Exam Help and assignment writing service. Our experts are here to ensure your mastery of the subject. Empower your academic path by paying our experts to guide you through the intricacies of your course. Let us be your partner in achieving excellence at SUSS. Your triumph is our priority!
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Some experts in public health have proposed to cut tobacco-related deaths by reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Researchers use experimental designs to make causal inference
- HRM331 Talent Management, SUSS, Singapore: Begin by conducting research on the topic of hiring for cultural fit. This research explores both the proponents’ and critics’
- ECON1056 Managerial and Business Economics Report, SIM, Singapore: What is the maximum price the company can charge a household for an income insurance policy?
- HBC101 Understanding Contemporary Society: The Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: “Countdown to Singapore’s Presidential Elections: Who is Likely to Run?”
- PSS101 Introduction to Singapore Legal System Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: All would be lost if the same man or the same body of principal men…exercised these three powers; that of making the laws
- PSS221 Urban Resilience and Security and Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: This unit aims to introduce terminology and concepts associated with urban resilience
- Financial Performance Management Report, NUS, Singapore: Select An International Organization And Identify Its Closest Competitor
- PSY369 Emotion Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The effectiveness of using Broaden and Build Theory to explain how happiness contributed
- PSY369 Emotion Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Track your emotions over 5 consecutive weekdays using the table
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices