|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||FMT309: Building Diagnostics|
FMT309: Building Diagnostics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Appraise 5 considerations/performances in the selection of façade designs/ materials
Question 1: Building Envelope
- Appraise 5 considerations/performances in the selection of façade designs/ materials.
- Building facades require regular maintenance to prevent them from deteriorating and turning into a safety hazard. However, inspection and diagnostic of the building façade are increasingly challenging with the increasing complexity of the façade systems.
List 3 common defects for 5 of the following façade wall systems and discuss the possible causes that lead to the defects of the selected façade system:
(i) Precast concrete/concrete/brick wall
(ii) Plastered wall
(iii) Painted wall
(iv) Tiled wall
(v) Metal/stone cladding
- You are a Competent Person engaged to conduct the façade inspection for a commercial building with a glass curtain wall system. Formulate a proposal that outlines the procedures of your façade inspection for your client.
Question 2: Structural Investigation, Failure mechanisms, and diagnostic tools.
- Buildings require regular maintenance to continue to remain structurally safe for the intended users and occupants. It is required by law – under the Building Control Act – for building owners to engage a qualified Professional Engineer to conduct Periodic Structural Inspections once every ten years for residential buildings and once every five years for others. Elaborate on the stages of periodic structural inspection and explain the scope of each stage in detail.
- In the submission of the Inspection Report to BCA, a checklist is required to be included in and as part of the inspection report. Discuss the items on the Checklist for Periodic Structural Inspection of Existing Building.
- Discuss 5 types of common defects found in concrete buildings and their causes.
- Propose the suitable NDT tests for investigating each type of concrete defect listed in Question 2(c).
Question 3: The 3Ms – Maintenance, Management, and Mitigation
- The recent management and maintenance of the building are improved and enhanced with the availability of advanced information systems and innovative technologies. Discuss how you can adopt advanced information systems and innovative technologies in improving the management and maintenance of the building.
- Elaborate on the challenges in adopting digital technologies in building management and maintenance.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Looking for help with your FMT309 Building Diagnostics assignment at SUSS? Turn to My Assignment Help SG, the trusted name in Online Assignment Assistance. Our expert team ensures your academic success with top-notch solutions and timely delivery. Opt for our Do My Assignment service today and excel in your studies!
Tags:- FMT309 SUSS
- GER688 Applied Research in Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A programme developer plans to come up with a service to provide counselling and guidance to older adults
- Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Care Shield Life is a long-term care insurance scheme that provides basic financial support should Singaporeans become severely disabled
- Mechanical Engineering System Assignment, SIT, Singapore: You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes
- Business Information Systems Assignment, SIMGE, Singapore: Computation of Salaries using Excel Sportitude Pte Ltd is a fast-growing local sports retailer that offers a wide range of high-performance sporting apparel
- Vacuum Technology Assignment, NTU, Singapore: How many pumps will you be using for your vacuum system and explain your answer? Name the pumps used
- Analogue Electronic Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a design for an eight-floor elevator. The inputs/outputs are shown below. The elevator displays the moving direction
- Managing Change Essay, NUS, Singapore: Discuss and give examples of how organizational culture can influence organizational change
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS, Singapore: Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc
- English Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less
- Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU, Singapore: There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices