|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
Social Work Case Study, NTU, Singapore Gender-based violence is defined as damaging acts perpetrated against a person because of their gender
Gender-Based Violence-Domestic Violence
Gender-based violence is defined as damaging acts perpetrated against a person because of their gender. Gender inequality, power abuse, and destructive norms are at the basis of it.
Gender-based violence (GBV) is a grave violation of human rights as well as a severe health and safety concern. One in every three women will be subjected to sexual or physical assault at some point in their lives. The threat of GBV for women and girls increases considerably during displacement and times of crisis.
What Are The Issues Here?
One of the issues at present, in this case, is Child Abuse- Jamal who is 6 months old, at his tender age has been through a lot due to child abuse and neglect, with the recurrences of him falling off the bed and his father choosing violence of slapping him on different occasion to stop him from crying. It also stated that Jamal was admitted to the hospital with a brain hemorrhage. Which resulted in him having significant developmental delays and possible mental retardation. For example, abuse or neglect may stunt the physical development of the child’s brain and lead to psychological problems, such as low self-esteem.
The second issue, in this case, is Domestic Violence- Michelle’s first motherly instinct is to protect her son Jamal from being abused by her boyfriend Errol. Upon doing so he turned his anger and aggression to her and physically abused her with a cutlass, where she sustained chop to her body and was bleeding profusely when her neighbor took her to the hospital. While being visited by her boyfriend Errol who beat on her, Michelle was also verbally abused and choked by him until she was unconscious. Michelle being in this relationship and having to suffer through so much can cause her to struggle with emotional and psychological trauma, substances abuse, and even homelessness.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Enhance Your Academic Journey with Expert Online Assignment Assistance in Singapore! Discover comprehensive support for your Social Work Case Study at My Assignment Help SG. Our dedicated services cater to NTU students, offering insightful guidance and top-notch solutions. Excel in your studies with our experienced team's aid. So without wasting any time avail our skilled writers for to Case Study Writing Help.
Tags:- NTU ASSESSMENT
- FIN312: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS, Singapore In Dice Game, you must run across a 140m bridge before it collapses. You are given two 6- sided dices with these numbers on their faces
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Assignment, UOL, Singapore Mr. and Mrs. Endin are getting a divorce. They have been married for three years. Wilma has been a successful attorney for twenty years
- PSY390: Research Methods Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Evaluate the methodology used by Armand et al. (2021) by discussing its strengths and limitations in relation to the study’s research purpose and objectives
- SCO107: Challenging Sustainability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore For this assignment, you will write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. You should study the Singapore Green Plan
- BUS230: Change Management Essay, MU, Singapore This unit examines contemporary change management theories and the various contexts in which they may be applied
- BUS353: Project Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Essential Biotech is a biotechnology company founded by Dr. James Ooi eight years ago in Singapore
- FMT309: Building Diagnostics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore A Building Condition Survey provides an assessment of the condition of a building. Building defects will be identified and tabulated
- SCO104: Globalization and Technology Essay, SUSS, Singapore Technological change has deepened globalization and weakened the relevance of the nation-state
- HS8481: Subdural Hemorrhage Management Assignment, NYP, Singapore Discuss the indications, contraindications, nursing care possible complications, outcomes, and nursing management
- Managing Business Assignment, SMU, Singapore Shopee was first launched in 2015 as an online shopping portal. Over the scope of time, it managed to expand its online business
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices