|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|HBC251: Religion in Contemporary Societies
HBC251: Religion in Contemporary Societies Essay, SUSS, Singapore One of the more controversial New Religious Movements (NRM) that emerged after WWII in the United States is the ‘Church of Scientology
One of the more controversial New Religious Movements (NRM) that emerged after WWII in the United States is the ‘Church of Scientology’. Although its membership is relatively small in number (various estimates put it at 40,000 – 200,000), it is international in character and has attracted a number of high-profile followers, including some famous Hollywood actors.
However, it has mainly received wider public attention due to its ambiguous nature and controversial teachings and practices. While its followers believe it to be a religion derived from scientific methods and insights, its critics have variously labelled it as a pseudoreligious “cult” or a business organisation.
Write an essay of 1300-1500 words that appraises the sociological relevance of these labels (religion, NRM, cult, business) to the Church of Scientology. For this summarise the teachings, practices and organisation of the ‘Church of Scientology’ and explain and evaluate the appropriateness of these labels in terms of their relevance for a sociological understanding of this movement.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Seeking affordable assignment writing assistance for your thought-provoking essay on the significance of religion in contemporary societies? My Assignment Help SG offers reliable and cheap essay writing help tailored for students at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Dive deep into the multifaceted nature of religion and its impact on the modern world with our expert guidance.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices