|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|HCM535:Employment Law Policy and Ethics
HCM535: Employment Law, Policy, and Ethics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Compare and contrast the laws and practices on retrenchment in Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia in a precise manner
- Compare and contrast the laws and practices on retrenchment in Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia in a precise manner.
- Assess and explain the key factors that have influenced and shaped the laws and practices on retrenchment in Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia respectively. You may want to consider the political, economic, societal, and other unique factors in making your assessment.
- Appraise whether Singapore should make changes to its existing laws and
practices on retrenchment. Justify if you are of the view that there should not be any changes OR recommend the changes and justify them if you think there should be changes.
Repeat the exercise for Japan and Malaysia and your stance may be different for different countries. You may want to consider the political, economic, societal, and other relevant dimensions in making your stance and recommendations, and substantiation.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
In Singapore, it is quite common for companies to have attendance incentive schemes to encourage their employees to have perfect or near-perfect attendance. Employees who have taken sick leave and/or emergency no-pay leave or exceeded a certain number of days in a month or quarter will not be given the incentive.
On 18 January 2022, The Straits Times reported that a pest control technician who had a cough for around three weeks was suspected to have Covid-19 and was told to take a swab test and remain at home.
He continued to work, as he did not want to take sick leave and have his $100 monthly work incentive forfeited. The Court sentenced him to five-week jail for flouting the Covid-19 rules.
The case caught the media and public attention and caused some concerns. The issue of the implications of attendance, and incentives were also raised in the Parliament and the Minister for Manpower commented on that and mentioned that the tripartite guideline of fair employment should be reviewed to better address this practice.
Meanwhile, the President of Singapore commented on her Facebook page that the root cause of the problem could be the low salary of these workers.
- Discuss the common attendance incentive practices (typically who are covered, which sectors, criteria, incentive amount, is it legal, etc) in Singapore. You may want to cite some specific examples.
- Assess whether it is ethical to have attendance incentive schemes that
discourage employees from taking sick leave.
- Evaluate whether it is ethical and reasonable to consider frequent sick leave and late coming of employees in annual performance appraisal, consideration for promotion, and determination of performance bonus. Justify and explain.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Are you a Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) student enrolled in HCM535: Employment Law, Policy, and Ethics? Are you finding it challenging to complete your assignments or need help preparing for your final year exams? We are here to assist you! Our dedicated service offers comprehensive support tailored to your needs. Whether you require assistance in comparing and contrasting retrenchment laws and practices in Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia or need help with other aspects of the subject, our team of experts is here to provide reliable online assignment help. With our convenient essay writing service, Singapore students can easily pay our experts for the guidance they require. Trust us to alleviate your academic burdens and guide you towards success in your studies.
Tags:- Law Case Study Assignment SUSS
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices