|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||HE3002 MACROECONOMICS Assignment|
HE3002 MACROECONOMICS Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Consider A Two-Period, Small Open Economy With Durable Consumption Goods
HE3002 Take-home Quiz
Instructions: 1) Do the following 5 questions in 48 hours as a take-home assignment. 2) Discussions around peers are strictly NOT allowed. 3) Please make sure to write down your matric number and your name. 4) Please present your detailed workings in the submission, and they may be useful if your final answer is wrong, then I can still offer you some credits from your workings. 5) Each question is 20 marks. 6) Please manage to combine your submission into a single pdf file and email to email@example.com before the deadline.
1. Consider a two-period, small open economy with durable consumption goods. The purchase of durable consumption goods in period 1, denoted C1, continues to provide utility in period 2. The utility flow households receive from the stock of durables in period 2 depends on new purchases of durables in period 2, C2, and on the undepreciated stock of durables pruchased in period 1. Durable consumption goods are assumed to depreciate at rate δ ∈ (0, 1). Preferences are described by the following utility function
Assume that the initial asset position B0 is zero. Q1 and Q2 denote the endowment in period 1 and 2, respectively. Suppose that in period 1 the country experiences a persistent increase in output. Specifically, assume that endowment increases by 1 in period 1 and by ρ ∈ (0, 1) in period 2. Find the conditions on (δ, ρ) such that the changes in trade balance in period 1 is negative, and changes in C1 and C2 are positive.
2. Consider a two-period small open economy populated by a large number of
identical households with preferences described by the utility function
ln(C1) + ln(C2 − αC1),
where α ∈ (0, 1) is a parameter measuring the degree of habit formation. Households are endowed with Q > 0 units of consumption goods each period and can borrow or lend at the world interest rate r. Households start period 1 with no assets or debts from the past (B0 = 0). Calculate the equilibrium levels of consumption and trade balance in period 1 as functions of (α, Q, r∗).
3. Consider a three-period, small open production economy, where household’s lifetime utility function is given as:
ln(C1) + β ln(C2) + β 2 ln(C3).
The production function in each period is given as Qt = AtI 1/2 t−1
, where we assume capital fully depreciates each period. Every household enters period 1 with a zero asset position (Bh 0 = 0). Suppose that the world interest rate is constant over time at r ∗ = 0.1. Let A1 = 1, A2 = 2, A3 = 3, I0 = 1 4
, r0 = 0, and β = 0.9. Compute the equilibrium levels of consumption, trade balance, and current account in periods 1,2 and 3.
4. Consider a two-period, small open economy populated by a large number of households with preferences captured by the following lifetime utility function
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Struggling with your HE3002 MACROECONOMICS Assignment at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore? We're here to help! Our platform specializes in providing top-notch individual assignment assistance and the best assignment help in Singapore. With dedicated essay writing services, we aid students in grasping complex economic theories, like analyzing a two-period, small open economy with durable consumption goods. Singaporean students seeking expertise in Macroeconomics at NTU can confidently rely on our professional guidance to ace assignments and gain a deeper understanding of economic concepts.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices