|Singapore Management University (SMU)
Health & Social Care Assignment, SMU, Singapore Healthcare systems are evolving to meet the demands of an aging population whereby the provision of healthcare
Healthcare systems are evolving to meet the demands of an aging population whereby the provision of healthcare services in the community has increased to alleviate the burden faced by acute care health facilities. As a result, the number of community nurses is expected to increase in order to meet the demand. Several studies have identified the unique challenges faced by the growing responsibilities of community nurses.
However, fewer studies focused on the experiences of nurses transitioning to become community nurses as they rise to meet the unique challenges of working in the community. This study aimed to explore the experiences of nurses’ transitions into community care while gaining insight into the transition process. The study adopted the exploratory qualitative approach. Data collection was performed through semi-structured interviews with 14 community nurses in Singapore.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Interview sessions were digitally recorded and transcribed into verbatim, and the thematic analysis approach was used for data analysis. Three major themes and nine subthemes were developed from the data from 14 interviews. The three major themes are: ‘Changes in Dynamics in a Nurse–Patient Relationship’, ‘To Live Up to Expectations’, and ‘Negotiating the Landscape in the Community’. New community nurses are experiencing stress and struggling to adapt to performing nursing care in uncontrolled environments.
Additionally, higher expectations have been set on them even when they are still in transition. It is important to provide support for nurses, including in-service talks, courses, and formal orientation programs. The study findings highlighted the importance of adequately preparing new community nurses and provided insights on developing a customized formal orientation program. This study also contributed to the limited body of knowledge with respect to nurses’ transition experiences into community care.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices