|National University of Singapore (NUS)
Auditing Assignment, NUS, Singapore Henn Tan, the founder of the company that invented the thumb drive, was on Tuesday sentenced to one year
Henn Tan, the founder of the company that invented the thumb drive, was on Tuesday sentenced to one year and four months in jail for committing accounting fraud.
The 66-year-old former chief executive of mainboard-listed Trek 2000 International had pleaded guilty in August to five charges of engaging in conspiracies to falsify accounts, forge documents and cheat external auditors.
Another four similar charges were taken into consideration for his sentencing.
The court heard that Tan, who is Singaporean, had conspired between 2006 and 2011 with the chief financial officer Gurcharan Singh to falsify Trek 2000’s financial statements pertaining to licensing income.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Their crimes were kept under wraps for years until Trek’s 2000’s auditors Ernst & Young (EY) discovered that Tan and his co-accused had cooked the books for the financial year 2015.
Tan had realized at the time that the company’s performance for the financial year 2015 would be dismal and conspired with a few senior officers to inflate revenue and pre-tax operating profit by plucking a US$3.2 million sale from thin air – accompanied with false supporting documents.
When confronted about the transaction, Tan and his co-accused tried to deceive EY that the sale was genuine, and the financial statements had been drawn up properly.
EY, however, discovered that the bank documents it had received were forged and began to conduct further audit procedures, including forensic imaging of the laptops and computers of Singh, then president of regional sales Foo Kok Wah, and former executive director Poo Teng Pin.
Are you looking for assistance with assignments? Learn how Myassignmenthelp.sg can help by providing online assistance, resources, and expert guidance to assist in completing your assignments. Our team of writers can provide assistance with any type of assignment, and our services are tailored to meet individual needs. We guarantee that you will get the best grades possible with our help.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices