|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|HFS303: Safety Risk and Resilience Engineering
HFS303: Safety, Risk and Resilience Engineering TMA Assignment SUSS, Singapore Discuss the differences between the reliability and resiliency of a system A lighting system set up is shown in Figure
(a) Discuss the differences between the reliability and resiliency of a system.
(b) A lighting system set up is shown in Figure Q1(b) which consist of 7 components and a bulb. If each of the component has a reliability (probability of success) of 0.8, what is the overall reliability of the system?
(c) Based on the Reliability Block Diagram in Figure Q1(b), develop an equivalent Fault Tree for the system. (Note: Fault Tree’s top event is the failure of bulb to light up.)
(d) Propose a method to improve the reliability of a system.
(e) Illustrate and discuss Erik Hollnagel’s FOUR (4) basic elements of a resilient
system using the example of the Singapore Traffic Police managing drivers
speeding on road.
(a) Using the concept of “Adequately Safe System”, discuss if the following are
considered adequately safe.
(i) A group of 60 workers working with metal stamping machines are
exposed to 92 decibels dB(A) for 8 hours a day. They have been provided
with ear muffs which can attenuate the noise level up to 20 decibels
(ii) A company is formulating a new chemical product that is likely to be
highly flammable. This is a new product with no known safety standards
available. The company has instructed that product testing can only be
carried out by a trained chemist in a room with a signage that prohibits
(b) A manufacturing company has recently bought a new robotic machine to help in the production process. Despite the investment, the company’s management noted that the overall productivity of the company has decreased. Further investigation revealed that due to the implementation of automation, the workers’ tasks were redesigned to carry out monotonous step-by-step operations.
(i) Describe with the help of a diagram, the concept of Sociotechnical
approach in the implementation of the new robotic system.
(ii) Based on the principles of Sociotechnical System, explain and
recommend to the company ways to improve both the social and technical
aspect of the system.
A person employed as a cleaner in a condominium was asked by the security supervisor to change a faulty light bulb at 9 pm when a resident made a complaint about flickering light. The technician had gone home and all the equipment including the ladder was kept locked in the store. The cleaner used a chair to change the light bulb and in doing so, he fell and injured his back. You have been appointed to investigate into the accident.
(a) Explain root cause and the importance of accurate identification of root causes in accident investigation.
(b) Demonstrate the use of 5 WHYS to analyse and identity the root cause of the accident. The 5 WHYS should contain at least THREE (3) different branches of analysis.
(c) Demonstrate the use of 6M and the Ishikawa Diagram (Fishbone Diagram) to analyse and identify the root cause of the accident.
(d) Demonstrate the use of the Swiss Cheese Model to analyse and identify the root cause of the accident.
(a) Explain Performance Shaping Factors.
(b) Examine the EIGHT (8) key Performance Shaping Factors and illustrate with
examples, how they can impact the performance of a firefighter.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Looking for reliable dissertation writing services and assignment help Singapore for HFS303: Safety Risk and Resilience Engineering? My Assignment Help sg is here to assist you. Our dedicated team of writers provides high-quality and tailored content to help you excel in your studies. Trust My Assignment Help sg for professional support and guidance in writing your dissertation and assignments in Safety Risk and Resilience Engineering.
Tags:- Tutor Marked Assignments SUSS
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices