|University||Temasek Polytechnic (TP)|
|Subject||Inventory Cost and Management|
Inventory Cost and Management Assignment, TP, Singapore High-Speed Testers (HST) is a company that specializes in manufacturing semiconductor test machines
High-Speed Testers (HST) is a company that specializes in manufacturing semiconductor test machines. The company’s inventory is characterized as being a high mix, low volume environment. That means, it keeps many different parts but all in small quantities. Fewer than 15% of the parts between the two variants can be combined and ordered from the same suppliers.
HST currently produces two basic variants of testers out of two production sites. One variant, the 9 Series is created in the US, and the 6 Series in Europe. It stores its raw materials, work-in-progress, and finished goods inventory alongside these two production facilities.
Since 2015, HST has faced various inventory management issues that affected the company’s financial performance.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
HST has been using the traditional approach of managing inventory, where they periodically order a fixed quantity of stock from their suppliers. However, this approach has led to many instances of shortages or excesses due to the highly fluctuating demand for their two main products. Of course, the other approach is the Fixed Order Quantity Approach. But that has its own set of constraints that the company is currently unwilling to undertake.
HST has an ERP system with a built-in MRP module. But the MRP module has not been turned on since Day One. Demand forecasting has also been largely performed via spreadsheets and Waterfall Charts. The company uses historical sales data and customer demand forecasts to build raw materials and predict expected finished goods numbers.
Consultants have advised HST to reduce their inventory carrying costs and stockouts to improve overall financial performance. However, this has yet to take place since no one has yet been able to quantify the impact caused by all these supply chain inefficiencies. On top of all this work that needs to be done, the Group CFO instructed the Order Fulfilment team to bring inventory levels to zero by the end of the year.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
- Explain the fundamental differences in the approach to managing the order fulfillment process.
- Apply appropriate inventory management approaches to improve business efficiencies.
- Quantify the financial impact of different cost management methods on the profitability of different business units within a company.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Need help with inventory cost and management assignment? Get top-notch assistance from experienced online assignment helpers at My Assignment Help SG. Our skilled experts at Temasek Polytechnic (TP) are here to provide comprehensive solutions to your assignment challenges. Don't stress over your workload, avail our reliable 'do my assignment' service and secure your academic success today!
- FIN312: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS, Singapore In Dice Game, you must run across a 140m bridge before it collapses. You are given two 6- sided dices with these numbers on their faces
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Assignment, UOL, Singapore Mr. and Mrs. Endin are getting a divorce. They have been married for three years. Wilma has been a successful attorney for twenty years
- PSY390: Research Methods Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Evaluate the methodology used by Armand et al. (2021) by discussing its strengths and limitations in relation to the study’s research purpose and objectives
- SCO107: Challenging Sustainability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore For this assignment, you will write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. You should study the Singapore Green Plan
- BUS230: Change Management Essay, MU, Singapore This unit examines contemporary change management theories and the various contexts in which they may be applied
- BUS353: Project Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Essential Biotech is a biotechnology company founded by Dr. James Ooi eight years ago in Singapore
- FMT309: Building Diagnostics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore A Building Condition Survey provides an assessment of the condition of a building. Building defects will be identified and tabulated
- SCO104: Globalization and Technology Essay, SUSS, Singapore Technological change has deepened globalization and weakened the relevance of the nation-state
- HS8481: Subdural Hemorrhage Management Assignment, NYP, Singapore Discuss the indications, contraindications, nursing care possible complications, outcomes, and nursing management
- Managing Business Assignment, SMU, Singapore Shopee was first launched in 2015 as an online shopping portal. Over the scope of time, it managed to expand its online business
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices