|Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP)
|HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1
HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1 Case Study, NYP, Singapore Madam B, a 32-year-old woman, presents to the polyclinic with complaints of recurrent yeast infections, increased thirst, and urinary frequency
Case Study 2:
Madam B, a 32-year-old woman, presents to the polyclinic with complaints of recurrent yeast infections, increased thirst, and urinary frequency. She has no previously known medical conditions. Her family history is unknown as she was adopted. On physical examination, her blood pressure is 141/90 mmHg, her pulse is 69 beats per min, and her respiratory rate is 15 breaths per min. Her body mass index (BMI) is 30. There is darkened skin that appears to be
thickened on the back of her neck. Her pelvic examination reveals a thick, white, vaginal discharge. A wet preparation from the vaginal discharge confirms vaginal candidiasis. Her urinalysis is negative for leukocyte esterase, nitrites, protein, and glucose. A fasting blood test and a finger-prick test have been done to confirm the diagnosis of her presenting complaints.
a. What is the MOST likely diagnosis of Madam B’s condition (Please provide only ONE diagnosis and briefly justify your answer).
b. Based on the case study, discuss the etiology (or risk factors), pathogenesis, clinical features, and complications of the diagnosis given in question a.
c. Explain the pharmacotherapy for this diagnosis (include appropriate local drug examples, mechanisms of action, and adverse effects). Madam B is given 2 different oral medications for this diagnosis. 2 weeks later, she calls
the polyclinic and reports that she is experiencing profuse sweating, giddiness, nausea, and hand tremors now.
d. What is the MOST likely explanation for her current complaint? What advice(s) should be given to her?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Calling all Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) students in Singapore! Are you finding it challenging to tackle your HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1 assignments? We're here to provide the support you need. Our wide range of services includes assistance with formative and group-based assignments, as well as a dedicated Homework Helper. We understand the complexities of studying pathophysiology and pharmacology, and our experts are here to offer the best assignment help in Singapore. Whether you're analyzing a case study like Madam B, a 32-year-old woman with recurrent yeast infections, increased thirst, and urinary frequency, or exploring other related topics, we've got you covered. Don't let the stress of coursework hinder your success – pay our experts and excel in HS2257 at NYP.
Tags:- Medical Case Study Assignments NYP
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices