|University||Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP)|
|Subject||HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1|
HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1 Case Study, NYP, Singapore Mr A, a 60-year-old plumber, presents to the emergency department, complaining of shortness of breath
Case Study 1
Mr. A, a 60-year-old plumber, presents to the emergency department, complaining of shortness of breath. He has experienced mild dyspnea on exertion for a few years. However, he noticed recently that the dyspnea has worsened, with its onset on minimal exertion and sometimes at rest. On direct questioning, he reveals a chronic productive cough (of yellowish-brown sputum) every morning for the last few years. He denies chest pain, fever, chills, or peripheral edema. He has hyperlipidemia and hypertension on simvastatin and amlodipine. He has smoked 1 pack of cigarettes per day since the age of 20. He drinks 1 or 2 cans of beer every Saturday night. He has no other significant medical history or family history.
On physical examination, his blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg, heart rate is 95 beats per minute (with regular rhythm), respiratory rate is 29 breaths per minute and temperature is 37 degrees Celsius. He is sitting in a chair, leaning forward. He speaks in phrases with labored respirations and slightly cyanotic lips. His head and neck examination are unremarkable with normal jugular venous pressure. He is using accessory muscles of respiration and there are wheezes and rhonchi on both lungs on auscultation. The anteroposterior diameter of the chest wall is noted to be increased with heart sounds appearing distant. There is no peripheral edema or cyanosis. He is admitted for inpatient treatment and is subsequently diagnosed to have a chronic lung condition, based on his post-bronchodilator spirometry value of FEV1 /FVC which is <0.70.
a. What is the MOST likely diagnosis of Mr. A’s condition.
b. Based on the case study, discuss the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, and complications of the diagnosis given in question a.
c. Explain the pharmacotherapy for acute exacerbation of this diagnosis with appropriate local drug examples.
d. Explain the maintenance pharmacotherapy of this diagnosis with appropriate local drug examples.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Calling all Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) students in Singapore! Are you facing challenges with your HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1 assignments? We have the perfect solution for you! Our expert team provides a wide range of services, including assistance with formative assignments and support for group-based assignments. We also offer professional Dissertation Writing Services for those seeking in-depth research and analysis. Our assignment writing service in Singapore is designed to meet your specific needs. Whether you're analyzing a case study like Mr. A, a 60-year-old plumber presenting with shortness of breath, or delving into other pathophysiology and pharmacology topics, our experts are here to guide you. Don't let the stress of coursework hold you back – pay our experts and excel in HS2257 at NYP
Tags:- Nursing Case Study Assignments NYP
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices