|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Logistics and Supply Chain Managment Assignment, SUSS, Singapore If you are the manager of a small transport company The excel file contains data on the input and cost over the last 48 weeks
Transport Economics Assignment
If you are the manager of a small transport company. The excel file contains data on the input and cost over the last 48 weeks:
Cost (Y) is the total cost per week
Labour (X1) is the number of man-hour used per week Fuel
(X2) is the number of litres of fuel used per week
You are required to use the Microsoft Excel package (the data analysis section) to finish the specific tasks below.
Estimate the regression model for Cost (Y) against Labour (X1) and Fuel (X2) and provide the output when answering the questions. If fuel and labour are the main variable inputs, interpret the estimate of the intercept. Comment on the estimates of the slope coefficients using both statistical and economic principles. What are the average amounts of labour and fuel used over the last 48 weeks? Based on historical records, labour used is expected to increase to 200 man-hour and fuel used to 1000 litres per week in the next month due to the festive seasons (Christmas & New year). What is expected cost under this scenario?
(a) The following information is provided by the firm’s accounting department for the boat (with a capacity for up to 50 passengers in addition to crew) for sightseeing in vacation. All costs are shown in the following table:
If the price per passenger is $400, determine how many passengers are required to break even on each round trip. Determine the profit and profit-revenue ratio per round trip if the boat is filled to full capacity. Determine how many passengers are required to make a round-trip profit of $5,000.
(b) Now suppose a private company can alternatively choose to lease the boat for a 2-day conference for a total of $2,000. The boat will only be used for a short harbour cruise and for the rest of the conference as a floating hotel at the dock. If the vessel is leased in this way, the following fixed cost items apply.
If the demand for the normal sightseeing service (see part a) is 15 passengers per round trip, determine whether the boat cruise company should lease the boat to the conference organisers or continue to offer the normal sightseeing service.
(c) Now suppose the boat company realise their demand function is Q = 600 – 0.5*P. Also, its total cost of operation is TC = 2500 + 150Q. What is the new optimal price should the transportation firm charge according to marginal cost pricing method?
(a) If you are the owner of a small transport company and wish to purchase a truck. The seller offers you three options:
2. pay$100,000nowand$120,000infiveyears 3. paynothingnowand$240,000infiveyears
If the interest rate is 5%, which option will you choose? What is the fixed cost per month of keeping the truck for five years if you spread it out evenly over the five years?
(b) Refer to the following costs for a competitive firm selling a product for $200 per unit and has a fixed cost of $600.
What is the marginal cost of the 7th unit? How many units should the firm produce to maximise profits? What is the total cost of production at profit maximising output? What is the total revenue at the profit maximising output? What is the profit?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Struggling with your Logistics and Supply Chain Management assignment at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? We've got you covered! Our assignment help online service is designed to cater to the needs of Singaporean students like you. Pay our experts to receive customized assistance and conquer the challenges of your coursework. With our expertise in report writing services, we can guide you through analyzing the data on input and costs for a small transport company. Trust our reliable service to enhance your academic performance and achieve remarkable results in your Logistics and Supply Chain Management assignment.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices