|University||James Cook University (JCU)|
International Business Case Study, JCU, Singapore In recent years, several tech start-ups have grown in size and scale to become dominant players in the modern
In recent years, several tech start-ups have grown in size and scale to become dominant players in the modern global economy. Amongst these are Lyft Inc and Uber Inc, both American tech startups offering ridesharing services. Lyft was launched in 2012 under the name Zimride, changing the name to Lyft in May 2013, and it is viewed as a smaller rival to Uber.
Lyft was initially only a ridesharing/ride-hailing firm but has since expanded into offering vehicles for hire, a bicycle-sharing system, motorized scooters, and more recently food delivery.
In 2017, Lyft entered the food delivery service, initially partnering with Taco Bell for a short period. In 2020, the firm entered a partnership with another tech start-up, GrubHub to develop a takeout delivery service. This strategic move was chiefly undertaken in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 and reduced ridership.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
The scooter services offered by Lyft are motorized scooters that can reach speeds of 15MPH; customers unlock them for a small charge and then pay additional fees per minute of usage. In 2019, Lyft partnered with Segway-Ninebot, in order to offer a more durable scooter. Lyft had previously partnered with Chinese multinational, Xiaomi, for its scooter service, yet this relationship ended in 2018. Lyft’s car rental service is offered in partnership with the German multinational car rental service, Sixt. This allows Lyft customers to rent a vehicle through the Rental tab of the app. Customers can get a Lyft ride to a Sixt location where they can pick up the rental vehicle.
Lyft holds around 30% of the market share in ridesharing services in the US (second only to Uber), and in 2018 its revenues reached $2.2 billion. In 2018, there were 4.2 billion rides given by Lyft. Whereas Uber has an extensive global presence, as it pursued a rapid internationalization strategy, Lyft is restricted to North America. This presents Lyft with the opportunity to learn from Uber’s global activity and strategy. When comparing Lyft and Uber, Lyft has made several attempts to present itself as the more ethical alternative to Uber.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Lyft has taken this approach as in recent years Uber has experienced a series of public relations failures, with allegations of systemic sexism, sexual harassment, and a disregard for regulation (at a global level). Lyft has seized on this opportunity to present itself in a different light, with substantial donations to charity, and allowing customers to round up their fare to make a charity donation. However, these attempts to be viewed as a more ethical alternative have only been moderately successful.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has presented challenges and opportunities to Lyft. Lyft has launched a program called “Essential Deliveries”, this service involves the delivery of medical supplies, test kits, and meals for vulnerable individuals (with a focus on children or seniors) that can be picked up from distribution centers for contract-free drop-off. However, COVID-19 has provided disruptions for the firm, not only has there been a decrease in ridesharing and ride-hailing activity, but it has also presented challenges for the Lyft Scooters segment of the business.
Are you struggling to keep up with your homework? Do you find yourself spending endless hours trying to understand complex concepts? If you answered yes, then My Assignment Help Singapore is here to help! We understand that homework can be overwhelming, especially if you have other commitments such as work or extracurricular activities. That’s why we offer reliable, professional, and up-to-standard online homework help. Our team consists of experienced and qualified homework helpers who can provide timely assistance with any project, regardless of your education level or subject.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices