|University||University of London (UOL)|
Industrial Econ Assignment, UOL, Singapore Owners of firms typically have less information than the managers and cannot perfectly monitor the behavior of the latter:
- Owners of firms typically have less information than the managers and cannot
perfectly monitor the behavior of the latter. Describe various mechanisms,
including but not limited to direct monetary incentives that may limit the ability of managers to pursue their own objectives rather than those of the owners.
- (a) Define third-degree price discrimination and describe at least two examples of this practice. Then explain why profit maximization under third-degree price discrimination requires that marginal revenue for each group of consumers equals marginal cost. Finally, use this condition to explain how a price discriminating monopolist facing linear demands and increasing marginal cost should change its prices and total output if the demand curve for one group of consumers shifts outwards.
(b) Consider an industry where an incumbent firm and a potential entrant with
identical cost functions play a three-stage game as follows. In period 1, the
incumbent firm can invest in R&D that will lower its unit production cost. In
period 2, the potential entrant may or may not enter; if it enters, it must incur a
fixed cost of entry equal to f. However, the potential entrant cannot invest in
R&D and therefore cannot affect its unit production cost. In period 3, the firm
or firms in the market set quantities. Discuss the incentives that the incumbent has to invest in R&D. How does your answer change if firms compete in prices in period 3? Explain.
- Describe one econometric study of collusive behavior, including a discussion of the link between theory and econometric modeling. Explain the uses and
limitations of this type of empirical work.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the “rule of reason” approach in
the conduct of competition policy. Refer to particular business practices to justify your answer and describe briefly any relevant empirical evidence.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Discover the best academic support for University of London (UOL) students in Singapore! With our expert assistance in GBA, individual assignments, and Industrial economics topics like "Owners of firms typically," you can excel. Avail of the Best Online Exam Help and Assignment Writing Service in Singapore to ease your academic journey at UOL.
Tags:- Industrial Econ Assignment
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices