|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||LOG208: Warehouse Management and Technology|
LOG208: Warehouse Management and Technology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore The management of a brick-and-mortar retail chain of convenience shops in Singapore plans to invest in a warehouse management system
The management of a brick-and-mortar retail chain of convenience shops in Singapore plans to invest in a warehouse management system (WMS). Its central warehouse is currently operating with manual, paper-based systems. The warehouse stores and handles a wide range of products for distribution to its various outlets, such as drinks, frozen foods, fruits and vegetables, health and beauty, and small household products.
(a) Compile a list of key functions that the WMS must have. Provide your reasons.
(b) Shortlist 3 WMS that you think can meet the needs of this particular warehouse. Review the features of each WMS you have shortlisted based on your criteria. Recommend the best WMS for this warehouse. Give reasons to support your recommendations.
(c) The company plans to expand its business into the e-commerce space via online platforms. What other considerations should you take into account when shortlisting the WMS for this warehouse?
Select a company you and your teammates are familiar with or worked/interned for. Assume that the company is going to build a new warehouse with a floor size of 80m x 130m x11m.
(a) Examine the warehouse layout by developing a schematic layout of this facility. You need to estimate the areas needed for receiving and dispatch, storage space, aisle width, and other spaces. You need not come up with the architectural plans; just a concept layout will be sufficient to indicate the main areas of the warehouse. State any assumptions used and give reasons to support your answer.
(b) Analyse the storage system and handling equipment for this warehouse. State any assumptions used and give reasons to support your answer.
(c) What are your thoughts about the possibility of this company using ASRS in the warehouse? State any assumptions used. Give reasons to support your answer and any possible issues the company may encounter
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Unveiling Efficient Practices Explore the world of efficient warehouse management and cutting-edge technologies at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Delve into the intricacies of logistics, inventory control, and process optimization through the Online Assignment Assessment. Elevate your skills in TMA Assignments and discover innovative ways to streamline warehouse operations. With MY Assignment Help SG as your guide, unlock the potential of modern warehousing and gain a competitive edge in the industry.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices