|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|LOG321: Trade Regulations and Compliance
LOG321: Trade Regulations and Compliance Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Country A, Country B, and Country C were member states of the World Trade Organisation (WTO)
Country A, Country B, and Country C were member states of the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
(a) Country A was a major exporter of rice
(b) Country B was a major exporter of vegetables
(c) Country C, being a non-food producing country, was a major importer of rice and vegetables from Country A and Country B, respectively, for many years The recent COVID-19 pandemic has, however, caused Country C to discover weaknesses in its food import program for relying 100 per cent on its immediate neighbours for food security.
Therefore, Country C decided to diversify its sourcing and produce food domestically when possible. For instance:
(a) Country C, notwithstanding the longer distance, decided to import rice from another three WTO member countries.
(b) Country C also decided to grow its own vegetables, aiming to produce 50 percent of the country’s demand in 15 years.
To support the policies, Country C launched two measures: First, a 5% import tariff relief for rice imported from the three faraway countries (to offset the higher logistics costs).
Second, a 15% sales tax on all imported vegetables to help local vegetable start-up farms be more price competitive in the domestic market.
Two years into the program, Country A and Country B suffered a significant decline in exports as Country C was importing less from them. The two countries intend to request a consultation with Country C under the WTO’s dispute settlement body.
(a) Explain the Most Favored Nation (MFN) principle in the context of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT).
(b) Illustrate whether Country A and Country B can claim against Country C for breach of the MFN principle. You should support your answer with appropriate WTO dispute cases and explain why these cases are applicable.
With reference to the scenario in Question 1,
(a) Assuming Country C’s import tariff relief to the three other countries was a result of preferential trade agreement (PTA) or generalized system of preference (GSP). Does this new information alter your response on whether Country C has violated MFN principle? Support your answer with a GATT Article or demonstrate your answer with a dispute settlement (DS) case.
(b) Assuming that Country C is Singapore, the three other faraway countries are China, Peru, and United States. List all the preferential trade agreements that Singapore has with these countries.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Introducing our comprehensive academic support services for students at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)! Are you enrolled in LOG321: Trade Regulations and Compliance and seeking assistance with your assignments? Look no further! Our team of experts specializes in providing top-notch TMA, individual assignments, and essay writing services tailored specifically to your course requirements. Whether you need guidance on understanding the intricacies of trade regulations between Singapore and Country A, Country B, and Country C, or require professional assistance in crafting a well-researched essay, we've got you covered. Trust our Singapore assignment help service, where our experienced professionals can lend their expertise and ensure your academic success. Don't let academic stress hold you back; contact us today!
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices