|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|LOG321: Trade Regulations and Compliance
LOG321: Trade Regulations and Compliance Assignment, SUSS, Assignment Examine and list five (5) Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) donors and all their respective GSP beneficiary countries
(a) Examine and list five (5) Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) donors and all their respective GSP beneficiary countries. Interpret the purpose of GSP by listing three (3) observations.
(b) “Trade War with China will benefit the United States’ GSP beneficiary countries.” Do you agree? Appraise this statement by providing a discussion of your position.
(c) Assume you are the sourcing manager of an automotive manufacturing plant in China. You face tremendous pressure to supply enough airbags for final installation to meet the quality assurance test. As a result of the local shortage, you are forced to source airbags from overseas. You contacted all the credible suppliers and confirmed that suppliers are from Australia, Germany, Iran, and Vietnam.
(i) The HS code of the airbag is 87089500 with the description “Safety airbags with inflater system; parts thereof”. List the import tariffs applicable to this product when imported from each of the four-sourcing countries.
(ii) Recommend which country you would source from. List your assumptions to support your answers.
(iii) Rules of Origin (ROO) to import HS 87089500 is Change in Tariff Heading.
Explain what this means
Country A is a member state of the World Trade Organisation (WTO). Country A trades regularly with Countries B, C, D and E, all of which are also member states of WTO. Recently, Country A is having the following trade issues with each of these countries:
(a) Between Country A and B: Country B is a major importer of red wine and brandy from Country A. Recently, Country B has imposed a new internal taxation system for alcoholic drinks.
• For all red wines, the taxation rate is 5%.
• For brandy, the taxation rate of 15% is applied to imported products, whereas
the taxation rate for domestic produced is only 2% to promote local brands.
(b) Between Country A and C: Country C is also a major importer of white wine from Country A. Recently, Country C has imposed a new internal taxation system for beverages.
• For all imported white wines from Country A, it faced additional imported tariff of 6%.
• For all white wines sold in the country, the internal taxation rate is 20%
• For “White Ocean”, the non-alcoholic energy drink that is made by a domestic brand of Country C, the taxation rate is 5%.
(c) Between Country A and D: Country D is a major importer of diesel fuel from Country A. Recently, Country D enacted a new environmental law to prevent air pollution.
The new law sets out new rules for establishing baseline figures for diesel fuel imported from other countries as imported diesel fuel is the major source of air pollution in Country D. The new law, however, does not apply to domestic diesel fuel.
(d) Between Country A and E: Country E is a major importer of commercial vehicle from Country A. Country E now wants to encourage the local manufacturers to produce more commercial electric vehicles (EV). Country E imposes a scheme to subsidise the local EV manufacturers.
Under the scheme, Country E provides subsidies to local manufacturers for producing commercial vehicles. In addition, there is a tax exemption for the sale of domestic vehicle, while the sale of foreign commercial EV is subject to
a tax rate of 5%. Distinguish the trade issues of Country A with Countries B, C, D and E.
In your answer, you should appraise whether Country A has a prima facie case, on the grounds of violating the principle of national treatment, to commence proceedings against Countries B, C, D and E for their respective trade measures under the WTO dispute settlement system. You should cite the relevant WTO law, WTO dispute settlement cases or other authoritative
sources to support your answer.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Dealing with the intricacies of your LOG321: Trade Regulations and Compliance assignment at SUSS can be challenging, especially when it involves examining and listing Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) donors and beneficiary countries. However, with our assignment help service Singapore, you can receive the support you need to excel. Our experts are well-versed in providing solutions for summative assignments, ensuring that you receive high-quality assistance throughout your academic journey. Singapore students can pay our professionals to access our comprehensive Report Writing Service. We understand the importance of understanding trade regulations and compliance, and our dedicated team is here to guide you towards success.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices