LOG351: Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chains TMA Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Food Waste is a global phenomenon defined as food that is of good quality and fit for human consumption
Food Waste is a global phenomenon defined as food that is of good quality and fits for human consumption, but that does not get consumed because it is discarded – either before or after it spoils1. Singapore is no exception.
In 2019, the amount of food wasted by Singapore is roughly equivalent to 51,000 doubledecker buses2. With various projects and legislation to cut down on food wastage, Singapore is well on its way to becoming more sustainable and food-efficient. However, there seems to be a lack of a systematic approach to food waste management on special occasions that tend to generate a massive amount of food waste.
Focus on weddings as a case study for special occasions and propose a food waste management plan based on Lean Six Sigma.
• Involve large venues with ballrooms and extravagant bouquets and buffets;
• Typically lead to significant amounts of food waste.
In your food waste management plan, show how Lean Six Sigma can be applied to reduce food wastage in the various processes involved in the food supply chain for wedding events.
Part 1: Identification of issue, problem statement, project name, and objectives Your discussion should cover the following aspects:
• A clear description of the key issue identified
• Describe the problem statement
• Specify your project name and define the project objective
Part 2: Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to tackle the identified issue
Your discussion should cover the following aspects:
Analyze the supply chain processes for weddings using the Lean Six Sigma tools/techniques that can be used in the various phases of the DMAIC cycle.
(a) Explanation of each task in the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control phases of the DMAIC cycle.
(b) Develop the SIPOC diagram for typical logistical activities involved in food preparations and serving of special occasions, such as weddings.
(c) Apply any three (3) techniques in the ANALYSE phase to identify the root causes of this issue.
(d) Recommend short-term and long-term improvement strategies that can help to reduce food waste at wedding events.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices