|Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
|MA2001: Mechanics of Materials
MA2001: Mechanics of Materials Report, NTU, Singapore You are analysing the components design and possible failure mechanisms on the connecting pins A and B of a mini-stepper exercise equipment
You are analysing the components design and possible failure mechanisms on the connecting pins A and B of a mini-stepper exercise equipment. The mini-stepper is used by persons of varying body weight with varying speed and duration of exercise.
The dominant force acting on the equipment would be the weight of the person stepping on the pedals as shown on Figure 3. Different users may exert their bodyweight at different points on the stepper e.g. at points P, Q, or R.
Please use the data corresponding to your student number as provided in Table 1. (You may make any other reasonable assumptions or estimates as relevant)
The mini-stepper is expected to support the mass of the user F (kgf) without yielding. Choose the type of material to be used for the connecting pins and size your design to provide a reasonable Factor of Safety for static yielding. An idealized forces model to facilitate your analysis would be recommended. You should relate the stresses at the connecting pins due to the dominant load. Recall that some loads can contribute to different kind of loadings. Use a suitable static failure criterion.
If a fatigue failure life of 5×105 cycles is desired, size your design and determine an appropriate Factor of Safety. Cyclic loads are present, and clearly identify the approximations, references, tools, charts, etc. you are using to obtain certain parameters.
Considering that the data retrieved from literature or provided by the manufacturer may not be reliable, you decided to test the specimen in the laboratory yourself. Find the relevant standards for obtaining the relevant material data for your design, provide a brief description of the specimens and procedures in your report.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you a Singaporean student enrolled in the Mechanics of Materials course at Nanyang Technological University (NTU)? If you're seeking professional assistance to excel in your studies, we have the perfect solutions for you. Our comprehensive services cover GBA, solution of summative assignments, and Report Writing Service, tailored to meet your academic needs. We understand the complexities of analyzing component design and potential failure mechanisms, such as the connecting pins A and B of a mini-stepper exercise equipment. Our experts are here to provide you with reliable support and guidance throughout your assignment. Pay our experts to take your course to new heights and ensure your success. Don't miss out on this opportunity to access our trusted assignment writing service Singapore. Enhance your academic performance and excel in your Mechanics of Materials course today!
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices