|University||National Institute of Education (NIE)|
|Subject||MES900: Research Methods in Exercise and Sport Studies|
MES900: Research Methods in Exercise and Sport Studies Assignment, NIE, Singapore It is highly probable that the interest in sports retirement began with explicit requests from coaches and national sports
It is highly probable that the interest in sports retirement began with explicit requests from coaches and national sports associations in response to athletes’ transition issues after retiring from elite competitive sports. Furthermore, it must be considered that in modern sport, certain athletes have evolved into individuals with respectable followings on social and mass media, which might raise their societal importance. Some of their adaptation issues have led to a common perspective in some quarters that retirement from elite sports can be associated with adjustment issues in everyday life
Sports psychology has been investigating athletes’ retirement from the sport from the late 1960s to the present moment. Various psychological and social changes occur in the athlete’s life when planning for retirement and during the retirement phase. Athletes face substantial obstacles during the transition as they strive to deal with a variety of complex emotions, negotiate a transformation in their identity, and deal with disturbances in their social networks.
In this study, the research aim will be to investigate a group of 15-20 Singaporean elite athletes, comparing and contrasting their perspective perspectives on sports retirement with their ten-year retrospective assessments of their experiences in the retirement phase.
From a long-term retrospective perspective, this technique allows us to comment on factors influencing both the fulfillment of athletes’ initial retirement expectations and the effectiveness of initial plans and actions. We will investigate how following dual occupations affect the retirement process by considering distinct trajectories in terms of athletes’ career compatibility.
Since the late eighties, there has been an increase in the number of studies on career termination, development, or transitions (Kiuppis&Stambulova, 2020). However, there has been a lack of studies done on athletes’ retirement from sports from a longitudinal perspective. Therefore, this study aims to conduct a prospective and retrospective interview of elite Singaporean athletes from both team and individual sports and to investigate how athletes with dual careers have an impact on their retirement processes.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Need expert support for your MES900 Research Methods in Exercise and Sport Studies assignment? MY Assignment Help SG is your reliable academic partner! At NIE, our proficient team is dedicated to providing exceptional Online Assignment Help in Singapore. From structuring your research to data analysis, we've got you covered. Avail our top-quality "Do My Assignment" service to excel in your academic pursuits today!
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Some experts in public health have proposed to cut tobacco-related deaths by reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Researchers use experimental designs to make causal inference
- HRM331 Talent Management, SUSS, Singapore: Begin by conducting research on the topic of hiring for cultural fit. This research explores both the proponents’ and critics’
- ECON1056 Managerial and Business Economics Report, SIM, Singapore: What is the maximum price the company can charge a household for an income insurance policy?
- HBC101 Understanding Contemporary Society: The Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: “Countdown to Singapore’s Presidential Elections: Who is Likely to Run?”
- PSS101 Introduction to Singapore Legal System Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: All would be lost if the same man or the same body of principal men…exercised these three powers; that of making the laws
- PSS221 Urban Resilience and Security and Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: This unit aims to introduce terminology and concepts associated with urban resilience
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices