|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||Accounting for Business Decisions|
MGT565: Accounting for Business Decisions Report, SUSS, Singapore Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) under its Singapore Airlines and Scoot brands provide both passenger
Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) under its Singapore Airlines and Scoot brands
provide both passenger and cargo flights as well as numerous airline-related segments including engineering, maintenance, repair, etc. Singapore Airlines is a member of the global Star Alliance and is one of the world’s premium airlines while also operating as a low-cost carrier under the Scoot brand.
It was incorporated in Singapore in 1972 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings and subsequently listed on the SGX Mainboard in 1985.
The SARS-CoV-2 strain of coronavirus was first identified in the city of Wuhan, Hubei, China, and led to the World Health Organization declaring the outbreak a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) from 30 January 2020 to 5 May 2023, often referred to as the COVID-19 pandemic.
One of the many strategies employed to combat and contain the virus was to restrict the movement of people, with many countries imposing travel restrictions from quarantine of newly arrived travelers to entry bans.
This severely impacted the aviation industry, including SIA, as passengers represent a large proportion of their operations.
(a) Read and appraise the independent auditors’ report found in the Singapore
Airlines Limited 2022-23 annual report. Name the firm that carried out the
audit and explain what was their opinion of the financial reports of the
company. Based on the opinion, is there any cause for alarm to investors and
(b) Using financial ratios covered in this course, evaluate and compare the
profitability of SIA before and after the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic.
Do you think the airline has fully recovered? Provide clear justification as to
why you think so.
(c) Using financial ratios covered in this course, assess the liquidity and solvency of SIA during the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic. Do you think it
deteriorated significantly compared to before the pandemic? Based on the
financial position of the company as at the reporting date of the 2022-23
annual report, do you think that it has recovered to pre-pandemic levels?
Provide clear justification as to why you think so.
Download and review the Sustainability Report published by Singapore Airlines Ltd for the year 2022-23. Based on your understanding of the company and its industry, pick one environmental topic from the SGX Core ESG Metrics which you think has the greatest impact for SIA. Explain why you pick that topic. Critique the disclosures provided by SIA in that topic.
Include in your analysis the following points:
(a) Do you think that the disclosures are sufficient?
(b) Do you think that SIA’s performance on this topic is satisfactory?
(c) What additional reasonable disclosures do you think SIA can provide that will help you in your analysis of this topic? Why do you think it is useful?
Elevate your academic journey with our comprehensive offerings, delivering expert solutions for summative assignments, dedicated assistance for Formative tasks, and unparalleled Case Study Writing Help – the ultimate assignment writing service in Singapore. At the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), Singaporean students can now thrive with our specialized support. Whether you're grappling with the intricacies of MGT565: Accounting for Business Decisions, or any other subject, our experienced team is here to lead you. Bid farewell to academic uncertainties and embrace resounding success – trust us to enhance your coursework. Your path to academic excellence starts here – allow us to pave the way to your achievements!
- Financial Accounting Assignment, UoB, Singapore: The older delivery van costing $120,000 bought on 11 November 2016 was traded in for a new one on 19 June 2021
- Business Research Methods Research Paper, SUSS, Singapore: The sales profession is often enough compared to waging war where opposing sides battle for the same coveted resources
- Supply Chain Management Assignment, NUS, Singapore Critical analysis of a company’s supply chain process. In the module, we have studied logistics and supply chain processes
- Corporate Strategy Case Study, SIM, Singapore In 2001, Tony Fernandes and Dato Kamarudin Meranum bought the failing government-owned Malaysian Airline
- Mass Communications Assignment, NTU, Singapore Consider how a. women, OR b. ethnic minorities, OR c. LGBT+ are depicted in your country’s media today in the wake of social justice
- Principles Of Graphic And Media Design Essay, SP, Singapore Art history, being concerned with identifying, classifying, describing, evaluating, interpreting, and understanding historic development
- Data Analytics Assignment, NUS, Singapore Max Burg is considering setting up a restaurant. If he opens it in Castle Street, he believes there is an equal chance of making a profit
- Business Statistics Assignment, TP, Singapore Survey research is a tool used by businesses to obtain feedback from their customers, suppliers One of the requirements to obtain good
- Accounting Home Work, NTU, Singapore: A company incorporated under the Companies Act has a legal obligation to supply annual accounts to which of the following
- Business Management Assignment, SHRM, Singapore Your research must achieve the learning outcomes at the standards provided. It must be related to a topic associated
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices