|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||MKT202: Marketing Management|
MKT202: Marketing Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore This will keep it on a par with tax for similar car models driven by combustion engines
This will keep it on a par with tax for similar car models driven by combustion engines.
From next year, the road taxes for mass-market electric cars will be lowered to be on a par with those similar car models powered by combustion engines, removing yet another hurdle to the adoption of these cleaner vehicles.
Speaking in Parliament yesterday, Transport Minister Ong Ye Kung noted that the road taxes for electric cars had already been lowered in January by as much as 40 percent. But the larger mass-market electric models still incur higher road taxes than their petrol-powered equivalents. To address this, Mr. Ong said that road taxes for e-cars in the 90-230kW power band will be adjusted further downwards.
To do so, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) – which takes over from the Energy Market Authority as a regulator of EV charging standards – will merge the current electric car road tax bands of 30-90kW and 90-230kW, and subject them to the current lower band formula. “That way, we bring down the road taxes of electric cars in the upper band,” Mr. Ong said, noting
that with the change, a Hyundai Kona Electric will see its annual road tax fall from about $1,400 to $1,100, and that of a Tesla Model 3 will drop from $2,300 to $1,500.
“This will make their road taxes comparable with internal combustion engine models with a similar look and feel,” he added, noting that Singapore will provide incentives for electric car buyers until their pre-tax costs are on a par with that for combustion engine cars – which experts reckon will happen by 2025.
While some observers have pointed out that the road tax for luxury EVs is also higher than for their combustion engine models, Mr. Ong said that these are “big luxurious cars… I prefer to leave them alone for now”.
To further sweeten the deal for mass-market buyers, the minister said the $5,000 minimum additional registration fee will be removed from next January. “Many mass-market electric car buyers still cannot benefit from the full rebate because there is a minimum payment of $5,000 for the additional registration fee,” he said, explaining why the “ARF floor” will be removed.
Mr. Ong also announced details of the 60,000 charging points that will be built by 2030. The majority will be normal or slow chargers, as these can be rolled out without extensive and costly changes to the power grid, he said. Some 40,000 chargers will be in public and Housing Board carparks, with the remaining 20,000 on private premises.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Supercharge your academic journey at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) with our array of specialized services! We're your go-to destination for expert assistance in various domains, encompassing GBA mastery, precision in final year exam assignments, trusted Homework Helper solutions, and exceptional Case Study Writing Help. If you're navigating the intricacies of your MKT202: Marketing Management assignment, worry no more. Our experts are well-versed in the subject and can provide the guidance you need to shine. Whether it's analyzing market trends or acing complex case studies, we're here to elevate your learning experience. Invest in your academic success by enlisting our experts to guide you today! Don't let academic pressures hold you back – seize the opportunity to excel while effectively managing your studies.
- COMP5355 cyber security Report, SIM, Singapore: Analyzing the SSL/TLS certificate verification of real Android apps
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices