|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||MTD111: Creative Design Fundamentals|
MTD111: Creative Design Fundamentals Coursework, SUSS, Singapore You are encouraged to undertake relevant research, spend time on practical conceptualization processes to develop the design rationale
Background & Brief Considerations
Since the implementation of the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown and the introduction of several safety measures, Working from Home (WFH) has become the norm for many employers and employees. This is especially true for workers that are not part of any essential services such as military, medical or emergency response bodies.
With the longer hours spent on and around the desk, there is a need for having some kind of Intelligent Desktop Assistant (iDA). Apart from helping with the organisation of desktop items such as common stationeries, the iDA should also have some degree of communication and Audio & Video (AV) presentation features ideal for online calls and meetings.
Some Artificial Intelligence (AI) capability can be integrated into the iDA to help with several office processes such as scheduling and joining online meetings as well as providing wireless/Bluetooth notifications and reminders.
The iDA should also have some degree of personalisation and be aesthetically blending within the immediate work area.
You are encouraged to undertake relevant research, spend time on practical
conceptualisation processes to develop the design rationale for the final proposal.
The following considerations for the iDA must be evident in your proposed design.
1. Consider your design’s target users to be working adults.
2. The iDA should have a base area that is not larger than 500 cm2
and a height of
22 cm. It can be of any geometric form as long as it stays within these
3. It should allow storage and utilization of essential stationeries.
4. It can interface with most type of current day digital or mobile devices including power charging and file sharing.
5. It can access WIFI and may have some form of basic internet search capability.
6. It should have Bluetooth connection function to interface with other similar
7. It should come with a built-in AV features such as a flat display, built in
speakers and microphones, allowing online meetings.
8. It needs to be plug into a normal wall electrical power outlet for normal
9. It should provide some form of illumination for the desk.
10. It should have some form of keeping or telling time.
11. Your design concept should allow a certain degree of customisation for
12. You are free to decide on the material(s) used for the proposed iDA design but it must be aesthetically appealing and be safe for practical use.
Exploration in Design – Sketches
- Keeping within 40 minutes*, show/develop your concepts with meaningful and clear sketches allowing your design process to be understood and appreciated as much as possible.
- Analyse and show how your final choice of design has met the important
consideration of Form and Function i.e., balancing Form and Function
- Express your conceptual/developmental sketches within 1 OR 2 blank A4 sheets.
- Consideration for appropriate and appealing colour schemes should be evident.
Applicable only to an ECA’s that conducted as a Sit-In session.
Rationale in Design – Selection
- Keeping around 150 words (spend about 15 minutes*), share your design rationale for your proposed solution in clear (legible) handwriting and an organised flow.
- Help readers understand what were the inspiration(s) or consideration(s) for
adopting the specific approaches or choices, resulting in the final design solution.
- The organized design rationale should be presented on a single blank A4 paper sheet.
* Applicable only to an ECA’s that conducted as a Sit-In session.
With the final design confirmed as you complete Question 1, you are to undertake the following for Question 2.
Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric Drawing paper as possible.
In your Isometric Projection Drawing, include the following:
- Using a practical unit of measurement i.e. centimetres, generate a practical scale for your drawing e.g. a scale of 1:2.5, to fit the entire drawing onto a single Isometric Drawing (A4) paper.
- Clearly annotate, using the adopted unit of measurement i.e. centimetres, all
relevant parts of the design in your Isometric drawing, to give a realistic
appreciation of its physical size. See the following visual reference as an example of measurement annotation.
Note: When using Isometric Paper provided, avoid relying on the grid markings
on the paper for measurement as they do not represent precise values. Students should however, use a regular measuring ruler to do so. The elevated (30°) anglegridline on the paper is however reasonably accurate for referencing and should be used.
- Attempt to complete your Isometric Projection Drawing within 50 minutes*.
- Apply your understanding of the Isometric Projection Drawing produced in
Question 2, produce and complete a Two-point Perspective Sketch using as much space of a blank A4 sheet as possible.
- The Two-point Perspective Sketch must be coloured according to the Colour
schemes adopted earlier during the design phase for relevance and appeal.
- Consider using the best orientation of the A4 sheet to optimise the Two-point
Perspective Sketch i.e. Portrait or Landscape.
- Attempt to complete your Two-point Perspective Sketch within 50 minutes*.
- For both visuals (Isometric Drawing and Two-point Perspective Sketch), show
essential drawing skills as you produce them.
- On all drawings and sketches (on the answer papers), clearly include your Full
Name for identification purposes.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Preparing for online exams in MTD111: Creative Design Fundamentals at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) can be daunting. That's where our expertise comes in! Our assignment writing service offers specialized online exam help to help you excel in your assessments. Our experts will provide you with comprehensive study materials, practice exams, and guidance on key concepts, ensuring that you're fully prepared on exam day. Pay our experts and take the stress out of your exam preparation, allowing you to focus on achieving your academic goals!
- PSY390: Research Methods Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Evaluate the methodology used by Armand et al. (2021) by discussing its strengths and limitations in relation to the study’s research purpose and objectives
- SCO107: Challenging Sustainability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore For this assignment, you will write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. You should study the Singapore Green Plan
- BUS230: Change Management Essay, MU, Singapore This unit examines contemporary change management theories and the various contexts in which they may be applied
- BUS353: Project Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Essential Biotech is a biotechnology company founded by Dr. James Ooi eight years ago in Singapore
- FMT309: Building Diagnostics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore A Building Condition Survey provides an assessment of the condition of a building. Building defects will be identified and tabulated
- SCO104: Globalization and Technology Essay, SUSS, Singapore Technological change has deepened globalization and weakened the relevance of the nation-state
- HS8481: Subdural Hemorrhage Management Assignment, NYP, Singapore Discuss the indications, contraindications, nursing care possible complications, outcomes, and nursing management
- Managing Business Assignment, SMU, Singapore Shopee was first launched in 2015 as an online shopping portal. Over the scope of time, it managed to expand its online business
- Health and Safety Management Practice Assignment, MDIS, Singapore Carry out a detailed analysis that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of health and safety culture
- Python Assignment, SMU, Singapore The IRR (intone] rate of return) is the interest rate that makes the net present value (NPV) of all cash flows equal to 0 M
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices