|The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
|OMGT2209: Strategic Supply Chain Management
OMGT2209: Strategic Supply Chain Management Assignment, RMIT, Singapore Your task is to understand how companies can make use of the resource, capability or function under investigation in supply chain management
Your task is to understand how companies can make use of the resource, capability or function under investigation in supply chain management to support their supply chain strategies and to achieve their set objective, i.e., efficiency or responsiveness or a combination of both.
To support your arguments, you need to provide in-depth analysis of at least one real-world company, which is successful in making use of the resource, capability or function in its supply chain management to excel, as evidence.
This will form the centre of the group presentation video file and the investigation report.
For example, if a group has been assigned to look at how information systems and technology can improve supply chain performance of a firm hence giving it a competitive advantage in the trade or a leading position in the
industry, students can consider the following:
1. Analyse from a theoretical perspective the following:
a. what information systems and technology are referring to in the supply chain domain (i.e., what is it all about);
b. what the latest development in information systems and technology in supply chain is (i.e., what is the state of the art);
c. what activities are involved in the function or how it is implemented or utilized in the supply chain (i.e., how does it work);
d. what value does this function add to products or services (i.e., why is it needed); and
e. how the function or its activities can help improve efficiency or responsiveness of a supply chain thereby giving it a competitive advantage (i.e., why is it important).
For this part, the analysis needs to be comprehensive and cover all possible areas of a supply chain that can benefit from the use of information systems and technology. Relevant references, e.g., sources of information,
should be given to support the statements.
2. Use a relatively well-known real-world company (or few companies if deemed appropriate) to support the arguments made in (1) above. For instance, students can use Wal-Mart as an example to discuss in detail (with
facts, statistics, summary tables, figures, and diagrams, etc. to aid the discussion) how the company made use of information systems and technology to give itself a competitive edge.
During the discussion, students can give a brief background of Wal-Mart prior to discussing how the company has leveraged information systems and technology earlier in its history of development to improve operational efficiency and visibility.
They can also elaborate on Wal-Mart’s insight and endeavour in investing in satellite network, data processing centre, barcode and RFID technologies, how these technologies are used in Wal-Mart’s supply chain, what the benefits are, and how these investments have significantly improved Wal-Mart’s efficiency and/or responsiveness thus giving the company a leading position in the trade.
3. Compare real-world practices (i.e., the activities undertaken by the example company) against theories (i.e., the theoretical discussion about the resource, capability or function under investigation) along the five aspects mentioned in (1) above during the video presentation and in the investigation report to make your arguments convincing.
In this regard, a summary table comparing the various theoretical benefits of the resource, capability or function under discussion against the actual practices in the example company should be shown. It should be noted that activities observed at the real-world example must aligned with those discussed in the theoretical analysis in order to enable a direct comparison. In other words, the two parts – theoretical analysis (Part 1) and real-world example (Part 2) – must be linked.
If Part 1 mentions the use of RFID to improve visibility while the Part 2 mentions the use or ERP for internal integration, the two discussions are disjoint and there is no linkage or articulation between them. As such, Part 2 cannot serve as evidence to support Part 1.
In brief, Assignment 2 is a focused investigation of a particular aspect of the supply chain management illustrated with successful utilization of the resource or implementation of the function in question to gain competitive advantage by a real company (or companies) as example. The whole idea is to link the theories, concepts, approaches, techniques you have learned from this course with the actual practices in the real world.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Need assistance with your OMGT2209: Strategic Supply Chain Management assignment? Choose My Assignment Help SG, your trusted source for Singaporean assignment writers. Our skilled writers, based in Singapore, have extensive knowledge of strategic supply chain management concepts and can provide you with a well-crafted assignment. From analyzing supply chain networks to discussing supplier relationship management, our Singaporean experts will deliver an insightful and comprehensive assignment that meets your academic standards. You also avail of our writers for Case Study Writing Help.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices