|University||National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Subject||OMGT2223 Supply Chain Analytics and Design|
OMGT2223 Supply Chain Analytics and Design Assignment2, NUS, Singapore There are a number of typical models in the Operations Research field that can be applied to a wide range of supply chain problems
Assessment 2 (Individual Assignment)
There are a number of typical models in the Operations Research field that can be applied to a wide range of supply chain problems. In other words, by learning a typical model various problems in the supply chain optimization domain can be addressed.
Please note that the basis of all proposed problems is the methods that you have learned in this course; however, none of them has been directly taught. The reason behind the design of this assignment is that there are hundreds of problem variations with the same structure in the real business world. Therefore, by learning linear programming, students should be able to formulate a solution for problems that have a similar structure to a typical problem. Students are required to research one of the proposed topics and address the assignment requirements accordingly.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Step 1: Identify and Solve a Typical Problem
Select one of the following typical models:
• Travelling Salesperson Problem (TSP)
• Multiple Traveling Salesman Problem (mTSP)
• Vehicle Routing Problems (VRP)
• Job Shop Scheduling
• Parallel Machine Scheduling
• Pickup and Delivery
• Flow Shop Scheduling
• Travelling Thief Problem
• Christmas Lunch Problem
• Newsvendor Problem
• Knapsack Problem
• Eight queens Problem
• Minimum Spanning Tree
• Hamiltonian Path problem
• Provide a detailed explanation of the selected problem.
• Provide typical mathematical model of the selected problem and clearly explain different aspects of the
model (e.g. decision variable, objective function, constraints, etc.)
1.3. Solving an Example
• Develop a mathematical model for a workable and reasonable size of the problem. – For many typical problems, when size of the problem increases, it becomes NP-Hard. In other words, your computer will not be able to solve it mathematically. Therefore, ‘workable and reasonable size’
here means that size of the selected problem should not be too small or too large.
• Solve the problem in Excel and transfer your solution to Word. It is required that the details and steps of getting the solution are provided in the Word document.
• Interpret the findings and discuss.
Step 2: LR on Application of Selected Typical Model in Design and Analysis of Supply Chain
• Identify at least 5 peer reviewed articles in which your selected typical problem has been employed to address knowledge gaps in the supply chain field.
– At least one of the selected articles should be published after 2010.
• Write a comprehensive literature review on the application of “your selected” typical model in design and analysis of supply chain and address the following (but not limited to) points:
– What type of problems in a supply chain can be addressed by the selected typical problem?
– Compare similarities and differences of selected articles.
– Discuss the suitability of using the selected typical model in design/analysis of various supply chains.
– What are the limitations of your selected typical problem?
– Undertaking any additional critical and/or content analysis on the application of selected typical problem in design and analysis of supply chain is highly recommended.
Step 3: Summary of Findings
• A summary of findings regarding the strengths and weaknesses of the selected typical problem in design and analysis of supply chains should be summarised in this section.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Unlock your academic potential with our comprehensive offerings, including assistance with OMGT2223 assignment 2, Assessment 2 (Individual Assignment), access to top-tier Essay Writing Services, and the best assignment help Singapore has to offer. As a student at the prestigious National University of Singapore (NUS), you can now pay our experts to provide guidance on your OMGT2223 Supply Chain Analytics and Design Assignment 2. Dive into the world of Operations Research models applicable to supply chain challenges. Let us empower you to succeed in your course, ensuring your academic journey at NUS is nothing short of exceptional.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices