|Singapore Management University (SMU)
Commercial Law Assignment, SMU, Singapore Patrick, a collector of rare piranha fish, decided that he needed a new tank to house his valuable collection of fish
Patrick, a collector of rare piranha fish, decided that he needed a new tank to house his valuable collection of fish to be shown at the Annual Tropical fish exhibition. He purchased a tank from a specialist shop – Mermaid Cove, in Sengkang where he is a regular customer. He paid S$2000 for the tank. His brother Ben, who is a plumber, fixed up the tank for him. Three days after Ben had installed the tank, the pump failed, and all but one of the piranha fish died.
Patrick is sure that Ben’s installation work and configuration of the pump were satisfactory, and the pump in the tank was defective. When he telephoned Mermaid Cove, an employee told him that there had been problems with that make of tank in the past. The employee has now left the shop to work for a different company and the owner of the shop denies there have been problems with that make of tank.
Patrick wants to claim compensation from Mermaid Cove for the cost of repairing the tank, (estimated S$450), the cost of replacing the piranha fish, S$3000, the S$800 prize that he feels certain that he would have won at the Annual Tropical fish exhibition and the distress he feels at losing his fish of which he was so fond. Consider and apply the legal principles governing damages.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices